Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locking Glove Box / Storage

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  DucatiSteve 
#1 ·
I'm a little suprised that none of the storage boxes inside my R171 lock. I often leave the top down while in restaurants or stopping in to pick up something at the store. Our weather here is top-down driving all year long, so I was wondering if anyone had found a way to secure the storage compartments and glove box. Thanks!

G
#3 ·
The only things that don't lock on mine are the upright storage bin on the back wall and the two small cubby's above and below the center controls.

I reached in to get into the glovebox and no dice it was definitely locked.

#4 ·
The glovebox locking may be the case here as well. Didn't see a key slot so didn't think to try. The box has zero room for anything with the CD changer installed, so the console cubby's locking would be great.

#6 ·
That seems weird to me. Why would MB forgo allowing the glovebox to lock. The R170 armrest locks when the car is locked (puematically for those that don't know) and the glovebox is locked with the ignition key. The only thing else I wish would lock is the sliding door compartment where the cig lighter is. That's where I keep my mp3 player. But when I leave the car with the top down, I have to stow it in the glovebox with the GPS, the hardback owner's manual and my VAT forms. It gets cramped a little.

G
#7 ·
Checked mine again today nothing locks with they key out (makes sense) but the glovebox, and the lower storage bin (with the access for the phone) lock so thats just the back upper bin and the 2 tiny cubbys that stay open

#9 ·
don't you dare read that owner's manual :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.