Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slow day at work (from which I can finally sign in again *L*)...

Taken yesterday from Signal Hill, Newfoundland (where Marconi rec'd the first trans atlantic wireless signal way back) - on the right in the middle distance is Cape Spear, Canada's most easterly point. On the extreme left you can just make out an iceberg, shrouded in fog. With warm air (it was 27*) blowing over the colder water/iceberg, it forms it's own fog bank. The pic is in panorama format (3500 pixles wide) so I'll just post up the link instead of loading the pic directly to the site.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/BillWS6/Pan4.jpg

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Boah Bill, that´s wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gero, didn't hurt that it's a nice drive to get there either :tu:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
That's what Im talkin about, pitures of where you live where others may never git to go.... Thank God...Who would want to go there,,, rocks an ice an fog an crisp clean air an a view to kill for. Nice, Im leavin tonight for there.....:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::tu::tu: Thanks man:tu::tu:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I´m really sorry that Canada or the States are seperated from Europe because of the Atlantic. Too many nice guys I want to meet.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Not enough petrol in it. Probably we could meet in the UK?! And you too Mohammed!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awww shucks....*sniff sniff*...ya big lugs...ok ok a hearty rounds " Thanks" for everyone! :biglaugh:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
breathtaking view, beauty photography, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The scenery is ok I guess Ynot...the photography? mehhhhhh... *L*

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I´m really sorry that Canada or the States are seperated from Europe because of the Atlantic. Too many nice guys I want to meet.
Majesty, a new device, one that moves thee quickly has been granted by the Gods to your kingdom. I large bird to wisk thee to far lands even over great waters. :hail::hail::hail::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One thing with living on a Rock is you're never far from the sea. I'm sure though you have lots of great scenery near where you live...I'm sure everyone does. It's just living next to it, we don't "see" it in the same light, we become immure to it I guess :).

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Magnificent Fish. :tu:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That trail you see is part of a local hiking system that extends out to Cape Spear in the distance, as well as in the other direction. The local section just around Signal Hill where I took the pic is about 3 km but there's a lot of uphill to it! *L*

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For sounds, it's pretty quiet up there...still waiting on the internet version of scratch 'n sniff though! ;)

Wait a sec...that scratch 'n sniff'd made some sites pretty scary! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.