Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Wednesday at about 10 o’clock local time I’m going to drive the snake in Mountain City Tennessee. I will attempt to post a link to a YouTube live streaming the ride.

I would appreciate the sarge keeping his eyes open to make the link work appropriately because this might be somewhat difficult to do while on the road.

I think this will be the first time anybody on SLK world live streamed their ride.

Once I stream the ride, I will upload the recording which might take a couple of hours at high def. But it will be there.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,113 Posts
i will watch
but.....live stream is a 1 time event

better to just video it so it can be watched over n over again, no?

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,434 Posts
i will watch
but.....live stream is a 1 time event

better to just video it so it can be watched over n over again, no?
I think you can do both at once. I'm not sure how, I just know I've watched "live streams" that have been recorded.

·
95,113 Posts
I think you can do both at once. I'm not sure how, I just know I've watched "live streams" that have been recorded.
:D

if he is smart enuff!

I still watch that leap from space

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,523 Posts
Just make sure you make an announcement say 30 minutes then again shortly b4 you try (with the link).

Love to see it :tu:

·
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am here in Tennessee, having breakfast. In just over 3 hours will start the run. Cellular coverage is spotty, so there will be dropouts, but had a test run last night and it was ...... “interesting”. Stay tuned to this thread for updates.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK32 AMG
5,190 Posts
Am here in Tennessee, having breakfast. In just over 3 hours will start the run. Cellular coverage is spotty, so there will be dropouts, but had a test run last night and it was ...... “interesting”. Stay tuned to this thread for updates.
Interesting? Awwww..come on, give us more than that!

·
12,523 Posts
And be sure to give a running commentary (ie radio on low :wink: )

AND BTW, what is local time for you?? Your location is "Boondocks" . To me, that means well, a 3 hour time spread :grin:

We have no idea what time that will be.

·
12,523 Posts
I am in Tennessee, so Tennessee time. See above post.
Of course <give my head a shake>

Maybe as a test, try going out to your car , turn the camera on (even in the garage) and post a link here.

Maybe we can "be prepared" for the event to see if it works?? Really looking forward to this. Hope it works!

·
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did run a test last night going to dinner. The drop out were spectacularly pixelating. However, if you stay tuned to the live stream, when I go back into a cell coverage area, the stream will resume. So for those of you that will be watching us in approximately 35 minutes, if you tune in and see a blank screen or if the stream drops out - be patient we will return.

·
12,523 Posts
Got my alarm set so I don't miss it :grin:

·
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The link is: https://youtu.be/2yGyxkX3aYU

We will be heading to Shady Valley Country Store for the first leg. That should be about 30 min ride. We will then decide the rest of the route. Any suggestions will be appreciated and reviewed prior to making a final determination.

·
95,113 Posts
No bad language :D

·
12,523 Posts
IT'S WORKING !!! :grin:

Mostly. Pixelation is not hd quality. A lot of buffering as well (on DSL here) but still a great attempt.

Maybe if you try again, "downgrade" the recording level "quality" wise. Might help with the buffering .

Thanks for tryin' !

·
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Currently fueling, determining the final route probably going to go to Bristol. I will post a link for the next leg in approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Inquiring minds stay tuned!

·
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wrapping it up here we should be on the road in the next five minutes so stay tuned!
The next stop will be Bristol. I will be posting the link for part two in about five minutes.

·
12,523 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts