Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This product was offered to me today while I was doing some diagnostic tests on my car and baseline dyno runs in one of my trusted tuner shops.... It's an injector cleaner which is added in the fuel tank, after reading about it in some forums, some say it works in the same way as techron and gives great results, while in the world of multiple skeptics, they say this stuff, techron, stp, sea foam etc. is considered as "snake oil" products. Because techron isn't available in my country i am planning to buy this instead and I was wondering if anyone here tried this liqui moly injector cleaner or its equivalent name in other countries called jectron or ventil sauber. Does it work? Any noticeable changes? And is it really the same with techron? Thanks in advance to those who can share their experiences with this.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know jbanks, I'm not saying it is snake oil, in some forums they say it is. I believe it really does what it supposed to do. I went to the mercedes dealer here a few hours ago and asked them about it. They said your engine does not need additives, they even borrowed my car manual and pointed a similar statement in there. But the use of the wordings in the manual suggest that you can use additives because it didnt use the words "should not use" But because techron isn't available here, I'm stuck with anything equivalent to it.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,266 Posts
i see there is no walmart in the phillipines but anything close?
mercedes uses techron so the dealer should have what they use

·
97,266 Posts
ask mercedes about a service called moc fuel system service.
they use a fuel-system cleaner called fuel system flush #0127 which is techron

·
97,266 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks jb ill do that on Monday. Cause its 2 am here. Maybe I asked the wrong question a while ago in the dealer, ill ask for that specific kind of service and what they use.... Nope we don't have Walmart here. And for the car shops we have here or hardware stores, multipurpose stores, they don't sell the techron. Even caltex gasoline stations doesn't have techron products, it is only added in the gasoline they already sell.

·
97,266 Posts
well here if the station sells gas that has techron in it (Chevron and Texaco), they usually sell the techron in the station

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the update jbanks, I went to the mercedes dealer today and asked them about the moc fuel system service, the service advisor told me they didn't have that kind of service and he didn't know about that kind of service, so instead I asked what kind of fuel cleaner injectors they have, he told me they are using the mb approved additive called "Kero" or "keropur" which is around 40 dollars. So I asked if there were a lot of people using this product, he said that before 2008 there were a lot of people buying this product because of the fuel quality in the Philippines, but after 2008 and because the fuel offered here is already euro 4 standard, they discontinued its use. Also in cgi engines it is not applicable. It is mostly used in older engines such as mine.

I found an mbworld thread about the keropur here it is

http://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-tech-talk/200074-mb-approved-fuel-additive-keropur-basf.html

I think in countries without techron keropur is used instead. But in the mbworld forum they discussed that keropur and techron is the same and techron is cheaper.

So, anyone here have any experience with keropur? Is it worth the 40 dollars? My only option is keropur or the liquimoly injector cleaner, the liquimoly injector cleaner is only 13 dollars.

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
as long as the Liquid Moly doesn't harm your engine, I would say for $13.00 give it a try and report back. If you see/feel no difference, chalk it up to "Lessons Learned" and us the Techron subsitute in your country.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as long as the Liquid Moly doesn't harm your engine, I would say for $13.00 give it a try and report back. If you see/feel no difference, chalk it up to "Lessons Learned" and us the Techron subsitute in your country.
Got it. I'll try one and update this thread, found out today that an independent mercedes service station recommends it. Just another question, would it benefit me more if I have new fuel filters installed?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got it. I'll try one and update this thread, found out today that an independent mercedes service station recommends it. Just another question, would it benefit me more if I have new fuel filters installed?
Never a bad idea to change fuel filter, specialy if your uncertain about the quality of the fuel you get.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.