Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
How can I tell if my car has linguatronic, my steering wheel has the button but when I press it all that happens is the sat nav comes up on the screen I have audio 20 with Becker map pilot. I don't have comand on the audio 20 and also there is no sd card slot on the front of the radio facia.can anyone clarify which radio model I have is it nt4.5

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
If you have the Becker unit, and you have enabled voice input, it should work. Have you enabled voice input on the Becker settings screen (it's a crude picture of a head with sound waves coming off it)? It will be greyed out if it's switched off.

But before you get your hopes up, it's pretty poor. Although that could be my Scottish accent!

·
*Registered
SLK Disposed of
310 Posts
How can I tell if my car has linguatronic, my steering wheel has the button but when I press it all that happens is the sat nav comes up on the screen I have audio 20 with Becker map pilot. I don't have command on the audio 20 and also there is no sd card slot on the front of the radio facia.can anyone clarify which radio model I have is it nt4.5
I think it only works with your nav if you have Becker map pilot, need comand for it all to work, was reading about this the other day but can't find the link now.

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
I think it only works with your nav if you have Becker map pilot, need comand for it all to work, was reading about this the other day but can't find the link now.
Surely you either have COMAND or the Becker? If you have a slot in the glovebox you have Becker (not in the USA where the Becker prep was an option) but in general most folks have Becker in the UK and it absolutely, definitely, works with the voice button, certainly on anything from MY2013 BUT you do have to enable voice on the NAVI screen.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK yes I have Becker in the glove box and it does work with the voice command button on the steering wheel I was mainly refuring to how I could voice command any other items I could control with the button ie the phone as I have Bluetooth as well . Cheers guys for the info so far

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
OK yes I have Becker in the glove box and it does work with the voice command button on the steering wheel I was mainly refuring to how I could voice command any other items I could control with the button ie the phone as I have Bluetooth as well . Cheers guys for the info so far
No, that's all it does. What else did you want it to do?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK cheers ,obviously I don't have linguatronic voice command then,on my last ford focus you could do volume, change cd,or track ,dial a name all from one button with Bluetooth

·
*Registered
SLK Disposed of
310 Posts
Surely you either have COMAND or the Becker? If you have a slot in the glovebox you have Becker (not in the USA where the Becker prep was an option) but in general most folks have Becker in the UK and it absolutely, definitely, works with the voice button, certainly on anything from MY2013 BUT you do have to enable voice on the NAVI screen.
Why are you having a pop at me I was only trying to help Black Knight. I know what I have I have comand and I know how it works and how to use it thank you.

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
Why are you having a pop at me I was only trying to help Black Knight. I know what I have I have comand and I know how it works and how to use it thank you.
If I have caused offence then I apologise unreservedly. It was most certainly not the intention.

I think there is some confusion arising from the original post in that from what was written appears to indicate that the voice button on the steering wheel did nothing but switch to the NAVI screen and took no voice commands at all, when apparently it did allow the OP to operate the Becker unit.

Had the OP typed that he could operate the navigation but nothing else, that would have saved a lot of wasted effort.

Please be assured I was not having a pop, simply trying to clarify the fact that you either had one system or the other.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all your help guys and sorry for not been clear on the subject in hand, don't think it was not a wasted effort as I still have learned a lot from your comments and so will any newbees

Reactions: wja96

·
*Registered
SLK Disposed of
310 Posts
If I have caused offence then I apologise unreservedly. It was most certainly not the intention.

I think there is some confusion arising from the original post in that from what was written appears to indicate that the voice button on the steering wheel did nothing but switch to the NAVI screen and took no voice commands at all, when apparently it did allow the OP to operate the Becker unit.

Had the OP typed that he could operate the navigation but nothing else, that would have saved a lot of wasted effort.

Please be assured I was not having a pop, simply trying to clarify the fact that you either had one system or the other.
Thank you very much for your apology I may have over overreacted Rob.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.