Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions about limp mode. have checked the plug to find it dry. Unable to determine what scanner to buy for a 1999 SLK230 with 38 pin socket. At a loss to know were to go next. Any suggestions most welcome..about limp mode and scanner for early model, No warning/defect light on the dash panel is my only clue.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Without a code it could be anything, most of the time its a dirty MAF, clean it with crc maf cleaner and clear the code by disconecting the battery. Make sure you have a radio code first.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have tried that without any luck. having the car scanned tomorrow so it migh show something, as you say clearing the code might be all it needs. Will keep you informed and thanks for the input

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure which gear, I thought first gear but could be second. And its a harsh take up when I put it in drive or reverse. having it scanned tomorrow so will keep you posted. Thanks

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,440 Posts
I believe your problem is transmission related.. either with the control unit or conductor plate. let us know what comes up in the scan.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Turdo
Had my car back from the garage today. The code was P0715. All they did was clear it and the car drove ok for while. I had cleaned the multi pin plug previously. Its went back into limp mode after driving for a few K's. Im going to shop around now for a kit to renew the conductor plate and also replace the sensors.

·
Registered
111 Posts
when this happened to me, nothing worked until i changed the 2 ignition coils, i lost a lot of money while the mechanic was trying 123981239'0182 possible things.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK 5.4 M113
1,440 Posts
Hi Turdo
Had my car back from the garage today. The code was P0715. All they did was clear it and the car drove ok for while. I had cleaned the multi pin plug previously. Its went back into limp mode after driving for a few K's. Im going to shop around now for a kit to renew the conductor plate and also replace the sensors.
The conductor plate is what is causing the P0715 code. that did the trick for mine. for piece of mind, make sure you get a new 13 pin connector just to make sure you have 100% solved the issue. the TCU code will need to be cleared once you are finished replacing the conductor plate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.