Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK people I have had quite a few PM on this
So lets have a little fun with it
I will auction it off minium bid $300.00 plus postage anything over that price will go to SLK (SL) World general fund
Have posted a pic in my images
ask Gero about this screen it is OEM and only 1171 were made
If sombody else has a better image feel free to post it
it will only fit 171 with stock rollbars

ps -- have been to several meets with this screen install and people think that it means the car is a limited edition it really is a unique accessory

I told the people I have pm back that it cost me 700.00 plus just looked up the paper on it and with wire transfer fees shipping etc it cost 843.56

come on guys buy this piece of history it was made to commerate the the 171 bodies when they were first put into production

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Very good idea Gene. There is no possibility to get one more - the Edition 1171 is sold out.

(I have one too and I don´t know another driver with an identical. And believe me: I know a lot of SLK drivers)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Come on Mohammed, I´m reading in your signature: SLK55, Jaguar XKR, Porsche Cayenne...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Very good idea Gene. There is no possibility to get one more - the Edition 1171 is sold out.

(I have one too and I don´t know another driver with an identical. And believe me: I know a lot of SLK drivers)
Must be the USA allocation that's sold out, I only had a letter from Mercedes about 2 days ago marketing them!!

Angela

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If there's a picture, I might be interested.
Just put the picture in this post

Angela;
If they are still offering this limited edition then I will rescind the offer on the auction and let it go to the dealer when I drop off the car.
If its not unque or rare it really has no great value
thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just put the picture in this post

Angela;
If they are still offering this limited edition then I will rescind the offer on the auction and let it go to the dealer when I drop off the car.
If its not unque or rare it really has no great value
thanks for the heads up
Unfortunately I binned the letter and flyer as I already have a screen (not the limited edition) otherwise I would have scanned it BUT I remember wincing at how expensive it was..............so if someone is looking for a bargain...............:rockon:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
There have been 1171 pieces only - worldwide! In Germany you can´t get a new one.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Gene, it is pretty rare in the US, and shipping is quite a bit, i would suggest donating any profits made to SLKworld, unless the dealer is going to compensate you for the windscreen? if you give it to them, the next owner probably won't care anyway.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Don't give it back to the dealer please. Save it and auction it off.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I turn in the car tomorrow .I will keep the screen and it storage bag.
And like I said 300.00 plus shipping for me the rest to SLKWorld.
I'am not making a profit on this by far at this price I'am losing about 500.00 dollars --- I just thought people might like to have it for the unique thing that it is --- and support the site in some small way -- and if it cost more than 25.00 to ship I'll pay the difference.
I think next Monday should be the cut off day (what do you think Bill)
After that I'll hang it on the shop wall as a momento to a great car

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ok List of Bidders
1- Ynot =350.00
2- ppower = 375.00
3- n4pwj =400.00
4- ppower =425.00
5-

I"LL add more spaces if needed
way to go so far 100.00 for the jar
way to go guys !!!!!!
overseas shipping is not a problem if it cost more than325.00 then I'll take Bill up on his offer

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.