Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working out the details prior to purchasing a new M Diesel. Seems like all the options we want are available on in-stock units except for the Lighting Package. Standard lighting on my SLK is weak, so I'm leaning towards the optional Lighting Package.

Wonder if standard lighting has been improved since 09 or if it is only weak on the SLK? Is the Lighting Package worth 1250$ and a 3 month wait? Looks like the only way to get it is to order it from the factory. I would value member opinions....thanks!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Unless you are in a hurry, otherwise, personally I would get the BiXenon Lighting Package.

Reactions: Gregg

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Maybe this photo will convince you.

Reactions: Gregg

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JJ....yes halogens are standard. We are in no hurry since we have plenty of rolling stock.....but you gotta act while the new car fever is up! I sure like the idea of BiX.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Perhaps widen your search...dealer wise.. Here in the frozen north, if you tell a dealer what you want, he can search "nearby" inventory and swap with another dealer. You playing hooky?

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Playing hooky? No way....I would have to give myself an after school detention for that!

Here's how it works......tell my secretary I'm going out for lunch....put the phone and intercom on Do Not Disturb, lock the door and turn off the lights........then drift off into SLKWorld bliss! It's an A+ educational experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.