Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Light diffuser on windshield (dome) light?

Hi all. How do I get the diffuser off the light fixture over the windshield?
It looks like a small needlenose will do the job. But I don't want to break the plastic.

·
Registered
150 Posts
There are two diffusers - each covering a bulb. I got the car with a broken left bulb out. broken piece on the bulb holder. Should have a tab on on the interior side. I believe the bulbs are 194's (or at least LED wise). or do you mean the lens (dome cover). You can't get these bulb holders with out buying a whole new unit. I wired in an adapter to split off from the good bulb holder. I got a 2 9 LED panels (used for boats cabin). Lots of light.

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are two diffusers - each covering a bulb. I got the car with a broken left bulb out. broken piece on the bulb holder. Should have a tab on on the interior side. I believe the bulbs are 194's (or at least LED wise). or do you mean the lens (dome cover). You can't get these bulb holders with out buying a whole new unit. I wired in an adapter to split off from the good bulb holder. I got a 2 9 LED panels (used for boats cabin). Lots of light.
Thanks. Any tricks to getting the diffusers out? It looks like I can just grab it with needlenose pliers, and wiggle it down. Then I can get the bulb out and replace it.

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it to work Must have been a dirty socket. Took it apart tested the bulb, put it back together. Works fine now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.