Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Calling all NYC/Tristate SLKs, get the winter dust off your SLK with a 'spring cleaning' drive on LI on Saturday, July 22nd.
Call time is 9:00 am for a prompt 9:30 am departure at:
Target Parking Lot
248 Sunrise Hwy
Freeport, NY 11520
We will aim for the row of spaces on the east side of the lot fronting Buffalo Ave, depending on how full the lot is.

The route will be south the Ocean Parkway for an eastward cruise along the south shore, north on the Moses Causeway and Sagtikos Parkway and then east on 25A/County 48 along the north shore to Greenport.

Call time is 10:30 am for the 2nd eastern meeting point at:
Port Jefferson LIRR
5 Railroad Ave
Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776

We will end at the municipal lot located at:
428 4th St
Greenport, NY 11944

Route Map: https://goo.gl/maps/aDJP2KEAfvQ2

We should arrive in Greenport a little before noon, in time for lunch at Little Creek Oysters (https://littlecreekoysters.com), the brewery, Sterlington Deli (Sterlington Deli - Greenport, NY), 1943 Pizza (Rolling in Dough Pizza) or any combination of other places in Greenport. After lunch, everyone is welcome to hang around or head home their separate ways.

Note that this a relaxed pace scenic cruise to gauge interest for the NY metro members. Given the potential for rain in May, we will reschedule to later in the summer if the weather does not cooperate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Roll Call:

1. ponia003

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,048 Posts

·
1,048 Posts
Bump....

I am meeting with @imagine next weekend so maybe I can convince him to join the meet.... Where are all the other SLK owners in the NE????? The weather is getting much better and it is indeed time to get the cobwebs out and come hang with fellow owners here on the forum...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bump....

I am meeting with @imagine next weekend so maybe I can convince him to join the meet.... Where are all the other SLK owners in the NE????? The weather is getting much better and it is indeed time to get the cobwebs out and come hang with fellow owners here on the forum...

@b82012 I wish I could join! I'll be in upstate NY the weekend of May 6th. I will tell you that I've seen a few R172 and R171s driving around recently in the Southern Connecticut/NY Metro region so there has to be more of us on here!

·
1,048 Posts
Aw shucks!!! Oh well...

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since we have only 2 confirmed SLKs and it sounds like there is additional interest, but there are conflicts with the May 5th date. I'm cancelling the drive for May 5, and planning on rescheduling to June 24th.

How does that date work for the NE SLKs?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Since we have only 2 confirmed SLKs and it sounds like there is additional interest, but there are conflicts with the May 5th date. I'm cancelling the drive for May 5, and planning on rescheduling to June 24th.

How does that date work for the NE SLKs?
You can add me to the list. Now you'll have some New Jersey representation on your run. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Roll call for June 24th:

1. ponia003
2. KSand

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi everyone,

Count me in for June 24 South Shore Long Island Trek to Greenport.
Being that I live near sunrise Highway in Patchogue, on the South Shore , is there a way that I could meet the group and hop onto the SLK convoy in Patchogue, rather than me driving all the way west to Freeport. Sounds like fun. I've been looking for other SLK enthusiasts, but it seems most of them are in the United Kingdom, which is too far. Haha
I hope this works out, because we could share ideas about upgrades to our SLK.

Please me know the status as we get closer to the 24th.
2014 SLK 250

Steve
"SPIN CITY"

Attachments

·
1,048 Posts
List of interest is growing....

Roll Call:

1. ponia003 (2006 SLK280)
2. KSand (2012 SLK350)
3. Benz SLK (2014 SLK250)
4. b82012 (2013 SLK350)

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi everyone,

Count me in for June 24 South Shore Long Island Trek to Greenport.
Being that I live near sunrise Highway in Patchogue, on the South Shore , is there a way that I could meet the group and hop onto the SLK convoy in Patchogue, rather than me driving all the way west to Freeport. Sounds like fun. I've been looking for other SLK enthusiasts, but it seems most of them are in the United Kingdom, which is too far. Haha
I hope this works out, because we could share ideas about upgrades to our SLK.

Please me know the status as we get closer to the 24th.
2014 SLK 250

Steve
"SPIN CITY"

We can add another checkpoint further east. It may be Port Jeff instead of Patchogue, but you'll have to drive north to get to Greenport anyway :). There will be an update closer to when we know the full list of attendees.

·
1,048 Posts
Officially T-10 days to go. Brian, any update?

Anyone else interested in joining this meet?

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hoping for favorable weather this weekend!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Was a check point in Port Jefferson added as discussed?

Hello?

There was talk about adding an eastern checkpoint, for instance in Port Jefferson, so I could join the tour out east since I live in Patchogue rather than driving in the wrong direction to Freeport. Was that Eastern checkpointever established?
If not, I will pass on this get together.

Thanks

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello?

There was talk about adding an eastern checkpoint, for instance in Port Jefferson, so I could join the tour out east since I live in Patchogue rather than driving in the wrong direction to Freeport. Was that Eastern checkpointever established?
If not, I will pass on this get together.

Thanks

Steve

Steve,
Yes, we will stop in the Port Jefferson LIRR lot (5 Railroad Ave, Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776) around 10:30.

See you there.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Roll Call:

1. ponia003 (2006 SLK280) - Freeport Checkpoint
2. KSand (2012 SLK350) - Freeport Checkpoint?
3. Benz SLK (2014 SLK250) - Port Jefferson Checkpoint
4. b82012 (2013 SLK350) - Freeport Checkpoint?

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like we are going to get rained out:

Anyone want to do Sunday instead? Reschedule again?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts