Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Looking for something a little louder than stock. Located in California.
Have you considered a centre resonator and secondary cats delete, replaced by x pipe?

Very popular mod with SLK55 owners.

Sounds great, lots of clips on you tube :tu:

And will save you money.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you considered a centre resonator and secondary cats delete, replaced by x pipe?

Very popular mod with SLK55 owners.

Sounds great, lots of clips on you tube :tu:

And will save you money.
Looking into that now. Secondary cats delete will probably be a no due to smog laws in california, but the center resonator seems like a relatively cheap mod.

Do you guys buy the xpipes from somewhere or do you have an exhaust shop make a custom one?

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Looking into that now. Secondary cats delete will probably be a no due to smog laws in california, but the center resonator seems like a relatively cheap mod.

Do you guys buy the xpipes from somewhere or do you have an exhaust shop make a custom one?
I had the x pipe done on its own first, sounds great on its own.

Mine was fabricated, but some members bought one ready made.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the x pipe done on its own first, sounds great on its own.

Mine was fabricated, but some members bought one ready made.
Thanks. I'll call up some local shops. Do I literally ask them if they can cut off the resonator and fabricate an "x-pipe"? I'm assuming they'll just weld it on in place?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Brandon, we did exactly what you have in mind - swap the resonator with an x-pipe and keep the cats in place. Popular model is the Magnaflow 10791 2.5in x-pipe, but there are a lot of others around. The muffler shop had their own brand in stock and fitted it on ours - was under $150 installed and sounds fantastic :grin:

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Thanks. I'll call up some local shops. Do I literally ask them if they can cut off the resonator and fabricate an "x-pipe"? I'm assuming they'll just weld it on in place?
Yes thats it. I had mine welded. Some guys had extra pieces welded on so it could be unbolted at a later date if need be. Would be more expensive that way I guess.

Guarantee you will be pleased you had it done :laugh:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like that removes the rear cats as well for the PowerFlow?

I ordered the magnaflow x pipes(10791) two days ago. Will hopefully get it before Friday and will get it installed in time for the weekend!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts