Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Wow, that is a lot of work to turn a Toyota/Lexus into a fake MB AMG. Here in the USA/Socal, you can buy a real, used SL55 with the real deal 493 hp AMG engine for less than $30,000 (2003, 60K something miles). I know which I would rather own. I wonder how much the owner of the fake AMG has spent on that car.

·
Registered
512 Posts
it looks like an older 3 series bmw to me... i'm not really sure why, but thats what came to mind when I saw the photo. I'm not really a fan. too much going on.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hummmmm......... I agree. It looks like an older Lexus SC300 to me.

It looks way too busy and too many openings for vents and all that. It is a hilarious looking car. It is very comical to me. A big laugh!!!!!:biglaugh:

I guess in most Asian countries the "excess tax" collected for the license plate in order to keep the registration current each year depends on the displacement of the engine. A true V12 AMG engine will certainly be way up there in the license plate fees each and every year no matter how old the car is. So a 3.0 liter Toyota/Lexus engine will keep the cost down. Money saved was used for all that "extra body parts attached"? Maybe think of it this way: All that modification in body parts is done ONE TIME only. While the higher extra fees paid for license plate for a much bigger engine is YEARLY forever as long as you own the car!!!

I guess for some people.........looks is everything!! How it performs against a real V12 AMG BiTurbo does not matter.

rofl...that hurts to look at....my first guess is a toyota soarer/lexus sc300/400...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts