Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a few youtube where ISF beats slk55, so i always wanted to race one to see. well while i was having dinner w/ my gf yesterday night my friend called me up and said lets race, he wanted to test out his ISF. he dyno at 380rwhp. i was like sure. so we did a few high racing first. we did a few 40mph roll and 50mph roll. Amg won. we would take it up to about 130-145mph. there was like 2 times he did get the jump on me but wouldnt be able to pull away. we then got off the highway and found a good long street. from dead stop AMG all the way. i would have to say its all cause of my LSD or i dont think it would be an easy win. His ISF is fast though. bottom line i dont see ISF taking slk55 downs well atleast not mine. i dont have any videos of the race but i do have pictures that he took of the 2 cars while we took a break in a parking lot.

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
I seen a few youtube where ISF beats slk55, so i always wanted to race one to see. well while i was having dinner w/ my gf yesterday night my friend called me up and said lets race, he wanted to test out his ISF. he dyno at 380rwhp. i was like sure. so we did a few high racing first. we did a few 40mph roll and 50mph roll. Amg won. we would take it up to about 130-145mph. there was like 2 times he did get the jump on me but wouldnt be able to pull away. we then got off the highway and found a good long street. from dead stop AMG all the way. i would have to say its all cause of my LSD or i dont think it would be an easy win. His ISF is fast though. bottom line i dont see ISF taking slk55 downs well atleast not mine. i dont have any videos of the race but i do have pictures that he took of the 2 cars while we took a break in a parking lot.
Blur out the license plates when you post them! :D. Interesting comparison though. Thanks.

·
Registered
500 Posts

Our's car does not have LSD option, unless you installed an aftermarket unit. I'm still surprised the Slk55 is as faster then the ISF.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i am totally aware that slk55 does not come with LSD thats why i stated my LSD. Yes i have an LSD installed on my car

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would say weight does have a good factor and i also think the slk has better aerodynamics (I did have a passenger in my car)

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I seen a few youtube where ISF beats slk55, ... he wanted to test out his ISF. he dyno at 380rwhp ...

Something is not adding up?
Stock 171 55: RWHp 273, RWTq 298 (more or less) (172 is higher)
Stock 2013 IS F: Crank Hp 416, Crank Tq 371
My 55 with Kleemann headers and other exhaust mods: RWHp 313, RWTq 326
My 55 with Kleemann blower: RWHp 430, RWTq 445
I don’t understand how a car that makes 416 crank Hp can make 380RWHp unless it is modified (and we are not talking just intake and exhaust)
Both vehicles stock: the 55 will out torque the IS F at a lower RPM with about 200lbs less to motivate.
And yes, you will need a LSD for a run from a standing start to take advantage of the torque; from a rolling start you should take the IS F every time.

Sorry, had to make a correction on the baseline numbers

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PropDr. stock on a Dyno Dynamics my car made 261whp and 279wtq. after shorty headers, rear cat delete, x-pipe, k&n filter and Tune it made 356whp and 362wtq on a different day but same dyno. Yes with the LSD i was able to take full advantage from stand still or 10mph rolling would win without any trouble every time.

no need to say sorry, i was not offended in any kind of way. thank you any ways.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
About the ISF i really dont have much info on it. Thats what he told me when he went to san antonio to get dyno at his friend's shop. He told me 380whp i didnt ask for proof or anything. I didnt even ask on what type of dyno. all i was interested at the time was to see if i could beat him or not.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just talked to my friend with the ISF yesterday, He said he made 368whp on a Mustang dyno. He said he dont remember how much torque. I was helping research where he can take his car for more dyno runs. Me and him will run again here shorty. hopefully one of us has a camera.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts