Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MCLAREN would jump at the chance to re-sign Lewis Hamilton and partner him alongside Fernando Alonso.

Hamilton made his Formula One debut with McLaren in 2007, finishing second in that year’s championship before winning his first title the following season.

He left the team in 2013 to join Mercedes and has enjoyed great success since.

The 33-year-old will be looking to win his fourth crown in just five years when the new campaign gets underway in Melbourne next month.

Hamilton is expected to renew his Mercedes contract in the near future but it seems he could have plenty of offers on the table.

McLaren team boss Zak Brown admits he would welcome the British superstar back with open arms if a deal could be struck.

"Lewis has history here," Brown told reporters. "He is an unbelievable driver.

“There isn't a team in the pit lane that would not be interested in having Lewis drive for them, us included.

"If anyone got Lewis, it would be great for the team."

Hamilton and Alonso had a fractious relationship during their time together at McLaren but Brown would be open to teaming the pair up again.

"I think Fernando would race anybody,” Brown added.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Don't worry guys, the boys in blue are waiting for him down in in Melbourne. They got the sniff when he squealed the tires on a city street and gave him a ticket.
This time they will have the truncheons out.............>:D

Can't have him hooning in the streets of Melbourne:wink:

·
Registered
432 Posts
How can you know what someones personality is like merely from seeing them either racing or being interviewed on TV.....unless he drinks in the same bar as you then that is different.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yes, seriously, unless you know someone well you cannot accurately assess their personality hence the 'unless they drink in the same bar as you'.
So you like all singers, film stars, soap actors, et al that you see, AFTER meeting them?

I don't like LH ..never met him, not my kind of man.....why is that a problem? Can you only judge people with alcohol in you?

·
Premium Member
14,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow this a good conversation. I guess everybody has there favorite team or driver. For me over the years F1 became so boring that I do not watch it most of the time anymore. Back in the days when i was young F1 was exciting because of the difference of driving skills the teams and the support of the team. Those days are long gone.:|:| Sure from a Safety Point F1 is the ultimate today but somehow it lost a lot of the flair of racing.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yes, seriously, unless you know someone well you cannot accurately assess their personality hence the 'unless they drink in the same bar as you'.
\

Assuming you like him....have you met him in your bar and spent hours with him to arrive at your assessment?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Wow this a good conversation. I guess everybody has there favorite team or driver. For me over the years F1 became so boring that I do not watch it most of the time anymore. Back in the days when i was young F1 was exciting because of the difference of driving skills the teams and the support of the team. Those days are long gone.:|:| Sure from a Safety Point F1 is the ultimate today but somehow it lost a lot of the flair of racing.

Agree .....it is now down to the best money and best car...LH would not be where he is if he was not in a MB.

Look back at the days of Hunt, Senna, Lauda etc......

Old farts rule... ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,459 Posts
Billy Monger

I am not keen on Lewis but I also think he is a great bloke.
I don't know him at all but I believe he wants to be a private person.
He was only 0.01 seconds quicker than his old team partner but around 0.5 second than his current one.
My overall opinion changed when he invited Billy Monger to the British GP.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I am not keen on Lewis but I also think he is a great bloke.
I don't know him at all but I believe he wants to be a private person.
He was only 0.01 seconds quicker than his old team partner but around 0.5 second than his current one.
My overall opinion changed when he invited Billy Monger to the British GP.
He is seriously fast...but nobody wants to be his team mate. That says it all for me.

·
Premium Member
3,459 Posts
He is seriously fast...but nobody wants to be his team mate. That says it all for me.
I wouldn't either, he would keep beating me....
I wouldn't want Alonso either and I wouldn't want James Hunt, he could Race and Party better than me....:grin: Michael Schumacher must havd been the worst Teammate, he just kept on winning.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Agree .....it is now down to the best money and best car...LH would not be where he is if he was not in a MB.

Look back at the days of Hunt, Senna, Lauda etc......

Old farts rule... ;-)
Are you serious, you clearly dont like lewis do you!! why do all the teams want him then? watch the new mclaren documentary, They do!! Even Alonso praises hamilton and that is something coming from him, as most say he is the pinacle of F1, Hate him all you like but he is clearly one of the best drivers out there if not the best, No one knows what his personality is really like unless you are close to him, its all a persona that they all put on for the sport anyway, watch some of his video blogs and that may give you an idea, he let his guard down on Top gear and seemed a perfectly decent guy

·
Registered
181 Posts
Look at Nigel mansell, all the drivers disliked him because he was ruthless, and would punch other drivers if they got in his way,the drivers were frightened of him, but i met a guy on holiday who was one of nigels closest friends and said he was a very genorous guy and was nothing like he was portrayed

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Are you serious, you clearly dont like lewis do you!! why do all the teams want him then? watch the new mclaren documentary, They do!! Even Alonso praises hamilton and that is something coming from him, as most say he is the pinacle of F1, Hate him all you like but he is clearly one of the best drivers out there if not the best, No one knows what his personality is really like unless you are close to him, its all a persona that they all put on for the sport anyway, watch some of his video blogs and that may give you an idea, he let his guard down on Top gear and seemed a perfectly decent guy
yes I get that you are a LH fanboy (having never met him and yet advising me that I need to get to know a person, in person before judging)

If you read my comments - I've said he is a great driver...but you cant win in a [email protected] car

1 - 20 of 34 Posts