Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
The SLK is finally with me, still without italian plates. Hopefully I'll get them in a couple of weeks. In this spare time, it's a good idea to do something for both cosmetics and mechanics.
There's no rust to deal with, which is a good starting point; a few minor components need to be replaced, the most important is a tension rope for the Vario Roof.

BTW does anyone know where I can find the two stickers close to the petrol cap and which is the part ID?
TIA,
Guido

Attachments

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,070 Posts
Hi all.
The SLK is finally with me, still without italian plates. Hopefully I'll get them in a couple of weeks. In this spare time, it's a good idea to do something for both cosmetics and mechanics.
There's no rust to deal with, which is a good starting point; a few minor components need to be replaced, the most important is a tension rope for the Vario Roof.

Ooohhh Alfa Spider :surprise::surprise:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's a 1971 Spider 1750 Veloce Iniezione. It was first imported in Italy in 1991 from USA, mine since 2000. Now it needs some works. I've been working on the engine, mainly on Spica injection; it has to be fully repainted, because it was born in AR008 biancospino (white). I don't know when it was painted (not very well, to be fair) in red: surely before I bought it. BTW the Countach you can see in the background, unfortunately, is not mine ;).
OT, some pics of the Alfa.

Attachments

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,070 Posts
Yes, it's a 1971 Spider 1750 Veloce. It was first imported in Italy in 1991, mine since 2000. Now it needs some works. I've been working on the engine, mainly on Spica injection; it has to be fully repainted, because it was born in AR008 biancospino (white). BTW the Countach you can see in the background, unfortunately, is not mine ;)
I had one 1750 still got the rear chrome boot badge .
And a 1985 S3 spider in Rosso Red stored . :grin:

Spica injection mmm a nightmare ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe me, it's not a nightmare. It's reliable if properly tuned up. I had a Montreal until 2006: no troubles at all with the two Spicas, a lot with the head gaskets (I had to install the ones of a Giulietta Turbodelta). Luckily I have a lot of spares related to Spica, such as the water pump - which is not the same as the carburettor version - and the temperature sensor.

·
Super Moderator 2006 SLK 280
11,312 Posts
Hi all.

BTW does anyone know where I can find the two stickers close to the petrol cap and which is the part ID?
TIA,
Guido
Parts list with numbers is in the attached PDF

Attachments

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,070 Posts
Yes, it's a 1971 Spider 1750 Veloce. It was first imported in Italy in 1991, mine since 2000. Now it needs some works. I've been working on the engine, mainly on Spica injection; it has to be fully repainted, because it was born in AR008 biancospino (white). I don't know when it was painted (not very well, to be fair) in red: surely before I bought it. BTW the Countach you can see in the background, unfortunately, is not mine ;).
OT, some pics of the Alfa.
Was originally white ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@WoZ53

Many thanks for your list: I really appreciated it.
It was easy to spot the ID of the horizontal sticker (unleaded fuel in german: A 210 584 90 17).
Unfortunately I can't find a match for the vertical one: may I have a hint, please?

TY
Guido

·
Super Moderator 2006 SLK 280
11,312 Posts
@WoZ53

Many thanks for your list: I really appreciated it.
It was easy to spot the ID of the horizontal sticker (unleaded fuel in german: A 210 584 90 17).
Unfortunately I can't find a match for the vertical one: may I have a hint, please?

TY
Guido
Guido, I'm not really sure what that sticker is. It translate in English to
Switch off the gas pump nozzle multiple times

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guido, I'm not really sure what that sticker is. It translate in English to
Switch off the gas pump nozzle multiple times
Yes, that's the one I meant. My English is not at its best, but my German is even worse, so Google Translator was my friend >:D
BTW, I'm really happy of today's efforts: at last I installed the factory radio and the car itself has been (almost) polished by my mechanic. I must guess it will be painted in a couple of days.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
About the paint job, it's not that easy. The hood was sprayed recently: it's the first thing catching the eye on a SLK. Thus I decided to spray 4 samples in brilliantsilber (each one for the colour variants available). I can't know what paint brand was used; the difference between different brands is often visible. Since I don't want to spray the whole car (I'm more focused on the Alfa) but I'd like to get a good result, the goal is to tune the most similar colour with the bonnet for left and right side of the car. I must guess my mechanic won't love me so much ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going on with the sanding: a little quantity of filler was needed, but the car was (I should say IS) in good conditions. The rims don't need to be refurbished, already in very good conditions. Meanwhile, all the spares for a serious service are on the way to Italy ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it's not the best job ever seen, but it's what I was looking for.
If you stare at the car, you can see some minor flaws; yet the result for a cheap job is really satisfying. Only the right and the left side and the rear bumper were painted. The amount due is under 750 USD.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sorry, the vertical sticker is for sure a horizontal one: my mistake.
I think the sticker refers to noozle, because the word "Zapfpistole" means "noozle" in German.
Thanks
Guido

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,278 Posts
I'm sorry, the vertical sticker is for sure a horizontal one: my mistake.
I think the sticker refers to noozle, because the word "Zapfpistole" means "noozle" in German.
Thanks
Guido
Hey Guido, it's nozzle :wink:

Reactions: sintoni
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.