Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 slk 230 R170. The left window stop does not operate properly. I found a small steel bracket at bottom of door. The roof won't cycle properly while the window is inoperable. How do I repair the window stop? I have no idea where the steel bracket goes. Anyone have this issue?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,921 Posts

·
94,921 Posts
also u might see it in this video

·
94,921 Posts

rear stop bracket

·
94,921 Posts

The front stop (purple arrow) and adjustable rear slider/stop (blue arrow) are mounted to the glass,

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not the same bracket Jeff. I'm either going to have to pull right door panel and look, or just drop it off at a body shop. I'm getting too old for this on your knees repairs stuff..... I did read on Benzworld this bracket somehow gets epoxied to the same bracket inside door, but, facing other way. I have no problems removing and replacing door panels....

·
94,921 Posts
Probably best to do it that way

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not the same bracket Jeff. I'm either going to have to pull right door panel and look, or just drop it off at a body shop. I'm getting too old for this on your knees repairs stuff..... I did read on Benzworld this bracket somehow gets epoxied to the same bracket inside door, but, facing other way. I have no problems removing and replacing door panels....
I have used these videos before. I'll have to post photos of the piece I have to epoxy, and where it goes after storms pass... Thanks

·
94,921 Posts
Bracket in hand. Can I send you a photo to an email? It definitely gets epoxied somewhere... [email protected]
photo to post? upload it as an attachment

Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bracket in hand. Can I send you a photo to an email? It definitely gets epoxied somewhere... [email protected]

A bit more patient today. I was flustered since the window went way beyond the stop, and was jammed. The bracket is epoxied "exactly" where you said. Just waiting for the dry and cure to make final adjustments. Thank you for your patience with me Jeff. YOU ARE the Man!!!!!

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A bit more patient today. I was flustered since the window went way beyond the stop, and was jammed. The bracket is epoxied "exactly" where you said. Just waiting for the dry and cure to make final adjustments. Thank you for your patience with me Jeff. YOU ARE the Man!!!!!

Why bother with auto-body shops when we have you.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts