Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after exhaustive search I found a sweet deal on getting essentially a new steering wheel. Buy a used wheel and this place will take off all the old wrapping http://www.redlinegoods.com/SteeringWheelCover.php Basically brand new all leather wheel...either you ship your wheel to them or they can buy one for you (you pay) and wrap it.

The wraps are $116 shipped in leather, or $174 if Alcantara.

Padding is $49, thumb-grips are $50: Shift boot store - RedlineGoods leather shift boots

Installation is $149 without padding/thumb-grips or $199 if either or both are chosen.

Just thought I would share since I was seeing new all leather steering wheels around $800 and up...this is half the cost.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice deal effectively.

But I can't find any steering wheel for the SLK ? (or any Mercedes in fact)
I'd like to change my black leather steering wheel by a beautiful black or dark grey alcantara .

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They never did one for an SLK so I will be the first but they can use your existing steering wheel you send them and they will re-wrap with any leather, stitching including alcantara. Or they can purchase a steering wheel for you and do the whole deal...whatever you want. Contact Jack from Redline and he can help you with anything [email protected]

Make sure you mention that Chris referred you from the SLK Forum.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The were super busy but they just finished my custom R171 leather wrapped steering wheel. It's been shipped so I will show pictures installed once it arrives but here are some pictures of the finished product. See products here. This is the first SLK R171 wheel they have done so the template for future orders is ready. You can order your wrap and do it yourself or ship your wheel (or have them buy one for you which they did for me) and they will custom install the leather wrap for you.

Shift boot store - RedlineGoods leather shift boots

Look under products for steering wheel covers...

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
hello,

Is it me or there's a little problem with the white stripes (the right one at least) ?
it seems bigger than all the rest of steering wheel ???

·
Registered
47 Posts
The were super busy but they just finished my custom R171 leather wrapped steering wheel. It's been shipped so I will show pictures installed once it arrives but here are some pictures of the finished product. See products here. This is the first SLK R171 wheel they have done so the template for future orders is ready. You can order your wrap and do it yourself or ship your wheel (or have them buy one for you which they did for me) and they will custom install the leather wrap for you.

Shift boot store - RedlineGoods leather shift boots

Look under products for steering wheel covers...
This looks great. Take a picture when you have reinstalled on the car so we can see what it looks like with the center piece on. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is it me or there's a little problem with the white stripes (the right one at least) ?
it seems bigger than all the rest of steering wheel ???
Yes, the stripes are a bit bigger - the reason is that there are grooves around the steering wheel where leather joints are located but when making stripes we did not cut new grooves. firstly because it is not that easy and secondly because making 4 grooves very close to each other might cause the wheel rim to be weaker there.

But being slightly larger than the rest of the wheel, the stripes also pop up much more :)

Should you have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask. I'm here to help :)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello guys, glad to be here and have a chance to talk with you :)

Yes, the stripes are a bit bigger - the reason is that there are grooves around the steering wheel where leather joints are located but when making stripes we did not cut new grooves. firstly because it is not that easy and secondly because making 4 grooves very close to each other might cause the wheel rim to be weaker there.

But being slightly larger than the rest of the wheel, the stripes also pop up much more :)

Should you have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask. I'm here to help :)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have just recieved my wheel ('07 SLK 55) recovered by Redline. They did an excellent job, and went the extra mile for me as well. I didnt realize that the AMG wheel was different than Dvint's wheel, so when I recieved it, it didn't fit. I had to ship it to Poland where they made the first AMG cover and airfriehgted it back to me. They didnt charge for the re-make nor the air freight. As I mentioned, they did an excellent job, looks and feels great (perforated black Nappa).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you Mark, but we haven't actually done anything special - this is just the way we work.

We are really happy to know you like the outcome and can't wait to see the steering wheel installed in your car :)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

1 - 13 of 13 Posts