Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and have been doing several searches but I can't find any recommendations for mail order sources of discounted OEM parts.

Any suggestions?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,237 Posts

·
94,237 Posts

·
94,237 Posts
best bet is your salvage yard or as our UK friends call it, a breaker yard :D

·
94,237 Posts
I have never heard of such an enterprise unless it is a national chain of junk/salvage yards for them to be that modern and technological advanced. You know, guy at the counter has no teeth?

·
Banned
801 Posts
I was hoping that people knew of a specialty junk yard that handles mail orders.
There is such a thing. For example, a friend ordered a new, for him, truck cab for his old Ford truck from Ca. It arrived by flat bed truck - shipping $1,000!

There are specialized yards that handle foreign car part. A wrecked BMW or Benz has a lot of valuable parts still left in it even if it has been wrapped around a tree. Some of the yards will test engines and transmissions and guarantee their condition!

As far as wrecked cars are concerned, I drive by a huge junk yard everyday where the cars are heaped up like the pyramids! The pile grows everyday!:surprise:

·
94,237 Posts
If you build it, they will come
but does that place have a website to order? :D :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have never heard of such an enterprise unless it is a national chain of junk/salvage yards for them to be that modern and technological advanced. You know, guy at the counter has no teeth?
Reason I asked because there's two such sites for Mazda Miatas Very convenient and helpful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts