Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oil leak from front of engine block ?Kompressor - 230k

Hey guys... after some help.

I seem to have developed an oily leak in front of the main engine block. Having no idea what i'm looking at can anyone suggest what this may be and how to repair? its dirty looking :crying:

Cheers Kayden

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Kayden, I can't help with the oil leak or kompressor issue, so hopefully other members will be along shortly to offer their help and advice.

In the meantime...
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If iPhone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as iPhone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.

Given that you only have 6 posts, you need at least 15 posts (and give the system time to update) before you can edit one of your posts (or send private messages to anyone other than moderators)...
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

You can, of course, add a new post to this thread and add the pictures to that using the notes above. :D

Edit: Great to see you've got your post count up, and have been able to edit and add the pics to your post. :tu:

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts

I seem to have developed an oily leak in front of the main engine block. Having no idea what i'm looking at can anyone suggest what this may be and how to repair? its dirty looking :crying:

Cheers Kayden

Hi and welcome Kayden, looks like the crankshaft seal is also leaking as well, buy some gunk or jizer degreaser use a 1" paintbrush and work it into the black crud until it dissolves then wash off with low pressure hose, dry the area down with paper towels, then check for new leakage from both areas over the next week or two if its behind the crank pulley then new seal required, If its from the camshaft sensor then I have no idea, someone else will have the answer to that one.

Regards Stuart.

·
*Premium Member
2019 SLC300
2,862 Posts
Camshaft adjuster is leaking. You need to get this fixed as the oil will wick into the wires and to the ECU. In the USA there is a dealer fix and a patch that would prevent any future leak from oil to wick into the wires.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I seem to have developed an oily leak in front of the main engine block. Having no idea what i'm looking at can anyone suggest what this may be and how to repair? its dirty looking

Cheers Kayden

Hi and welcome Kayden, looks like the crankshaft seal is also leaking as well, buy some gunk or jizer degreaser use a 1" paintbrush and work it into the black crud until it dissolves then wash off with low pressure hose, dry the area down with paper towels, then check for new leakage from both areas over the next week or two if its behind the crank pulley then new seal required, If its from the camshaft sensor then I have no idea, someone else will have the answer to that one.

Regards Stuart.
Thanks Stuart... I'm gonna give this a go this afternoon and check throughout the week. I have suspicions she's gonna need a trip to the Doc's but at least I'll have a better idea of what it is. Update next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.