Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lawnmower sold today. I gave it's new owner a business card I got from Simply, and introduced him to the forum and showed him around it. I strongly encouraged him to join and become an active member (heh heh, I said member again!). Hopefully he'll join our community and will join us on our gathering in Indy in the spring. Since he took it up to the Akron area, about 140 miles, and I heard nothing, I assume his trip went well. If he joins, we should all wish him a great hello, he and his wife seemed like really nice people. I still have Fastdawg, so I'm not going anywhere!

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,478 Posts
A moment of silence for the passing of a dear friend. (Bowed head, hat over my chest)

·
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was sad seeing it drive down the road, I would have given it a hug but I was afraid the new owners would have thought I was weirder! I've never seen it drive when I wasn't behind the wheel. It was a great little car and treated me and my wife great in the short time we owned it. I had second thoughts about selling it, I had to fight the urge to keep it and take it off the market.

·
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I miss my "Lawnmower", never did hear back from the new owner or see him register on slkworld. I hope he's treating it right.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,916 Posts
I can appreciate your feelings. I personalize all of my vehicles, take extremely good care of them, and most of the time never see them again. The few times I have, I have found the new owners don't respect them the same and it kind of hurts to see them mistreated. Yes, I know I'm weird. lol

·
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Being in the Air Force and changing bases so often, it was hard to own a house, but owning a car was easy. So I developed attachments to my cars, but yeah, once I sold them off, I rarely ever saw them again. I always wonder what their status is, still running, wrecked or whatever. I think about about some of my favorites often. It may sound weird, but it just the way it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.