Mercedes SLK World banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
33 Posts
Cool not for me though there are places about down here in the sunny southwest not that is is sunny right now I think I saw the sun a few days ago maybe I was in a diabetic shock lol
But yeah have used a place here several times and it's got cheaper as am in an out of there pending parts delivery keeps me out of the elements cool stuff

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hello,
Interesting things happened today. When I started the car the mighty BAS/ESP light was on. Read the code, of course it's the lateral acc sensor. Quickly changed it to the original one that was bad initially. Went to calibrate it. Couldn't do it. Went home changed the sensor again. Calibrated it successfully on the first try (all lights went out). No code in the iC.

What's more interesting is the yaw sensor reading. Previously it was between 90-140°/s now it's 2-40°/s (while standing still)

I have a feeling this is not over yet. :D
Will check on it again during the weekend and report back

Matty

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
33 Posts
Hello,
Interesting things happened today. When I started the car the mighty BAS/ESP light was on. Read the code, of course it's the lateral acc sensor. Quickly changed it to the original one that was bad initially. Went to calibrate it. Couldn't do it. Went home changed the sensor again. Calibrated it successfully on the first try (all lights went out). No code in the iC.

What's more interesting is the yaw sensor reading. Previously it was between 90-140°/s now it's 2-40°/s (while standing still)

I have a feeling this is not over yet. :D
Will check on it again during the weekend and report back

Matty
As it happens a friend of a friend went to the bath n weston Showground and behold brought a Mercedes benz default code reader and pinpoit the sensor to replace it cool tech am waiting meself in anticipation as of Saturday there coming over, yeah to just add we went out to NHS and basically the car stalled over the bridge which was amusing a kind van driver helping me push car into a taxi rank busy morning high foot work area wasn't happy called Green flag an hour an 20 later a young pup turned up I asked ya know anything about mercedes slk's nope not a clue but amazing thing happened 10mis before he turned up ya guessed it slk started so I told him to follow me home list him got home and so I wait now.

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
33 Posts
Well well Boris the doof jug head wants to ban petrol by 2035 so what's it gonna mean for those of us who have classic slk's or classic cars full stop yessh I would hate to think how much it would cost to convert to an electric motor holy climate change but I think cars don't give out as much as planes can have it till 2050 which is a load of tosh masses of industrial companies that pump out thousand of tons of pullution so here's my plan get as much enjoyment out of ya slk as ya can and deal with future when it's here hopefully an all electric slk AMG I'll have one in a second... 😎

·
Registered 1996 SLK230K
55 Posts
Well well Boris the doof jug head wants to ban petrol by 2035 so what's it gonna mean for those of us who have classic slk's or classic cars full stop yessh I would hate to think how much it would cost to convert to an electric motor holy climate change but I think cars don't give out as much as planes can have it till 2050 which is a load of tosh masses of industrial companies that pump out thousand of tons of pullution so here's my plan get as much enjoyment out of ya slk as ya can and deal with future when it's here hopefully an all electric slk AMG I'll have one in a second... 😎
Just convert the Internal Combustion Engine to run on hydrogen. Cheaper than an Electric conversion and the only byproduct is water.

Cheers
Jay

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,715 Posts
LOL,

I'm telling y'all now, I'd rather end up in Jail than not be able to drive my Petrol Cars, and "they" will have to do exactly that before I stop driving them ....................

Picture the Electric Plod Car trying to chase me flat out in my V8 SLK or S Class, especially up here, their Batteries would soon be flat as I disappeared over the horizon.

There are already not enough Police Cars on the roads, especially in NW Highlands and "Cut Backs" continue, actual plod will likely be obsolete by then ;) .............

The Cars will be unidentifiable at that stage with no reg plates, because they will be obsolete, all the EV's will be identified by data transmitted to "the cloud" ;)

They will stop selling Petrol and Diesel, no biggie, I've got that sussed ;)

The Electric Plod Helicopters will fall outta the sky and get grounded / banned. The National Grid will never cope, despite all the ill thought out propaganda spouted by fools who know no better ;)

2035 will be more like 2050 before a full roll-out ................

Am I worried ................. Nah ;)
Mad Max stylee ........... Bring it on :D (it's a long way away), but I'm up for it ...........

However probably not happen my driving future as I'll be 87 by then, lol, if I actually make it to 87 ;)

:rolleyes: 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hey,
Got back home to the car which was standing in a heated garage for four days without moving a millimeter. The sensor was good and calibrated when I left. Started the car the light was on. Same error code, same readings from the sensor. I'm putting in an order for another sensor but I'm not sure that's the fault. It would always work for a few days and then comes back with the same error. Any ideas?

Matty

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
33 Posts
Hey,
Got back home to the car which was standing in a heated garage for four days without moving a millimeter. The sensor was good and calibrated when I left. Started the car the light was on. Same error code, same readings from the sensor. I'm putting in an order for another sensor but I'm not sure that's the fault. It would always work for a few days and then comes back with the same error. Any ideas?

Matty
Bud I was reading through somethink about sensor especially the esp/bad light now get this starting the car and turning the steering resets the dash bas/esp light should go out as its the same action with the rear windows reset apparently... But yeah it does help if ya got a proper obi meter or a multimeter 😎slk98

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Bud I was reading through somethink about sensor especially the esp/bad light now get this starting the car and turning the steering resets the dash bas/esp light should go out as its the same action with the rear windows reset apparently... But yeah it does help if ya got a proper obi meter or a multimeter 😎slk98
Yep. That resets the steering angle sensor. Usually needed after reconnecting the battery. Done that several times but does not help my issue unfortunately:confused:

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
33 Posts
Yep. That resets the steering angle sensor. Usually needed after reconnecting the battery. Done that several times but does not help my issue unfortunately:confused:
Sorry bud.. We are talking about the lateral acc, am only guessing that the terminals should be free of dirt n greese contact cleaner, sometimes most of the sensors are to keep you losing the car into a wall or skidding off, me I'd take off what not needed reboot the ecu then ya got a car with full power is what ya need to boot it out of trouble jc on top gear Proved that point. 😎Slk98

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
1,715 Posts
Hi Matty,

Don't ruin your Car by taking this and that off, that will cause multiple problems with other systems.

Get Both G Sensors, install 'em at the same time and do the Calibration :)

HTH,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hi Matty,

Don't ruin your Car by taking this and that off, that will cause multiple problems with other systems.

Get Both G Sensors, install 'em at the same time and do the Calibration :)

HTH,
Hey,
Yeah, just put in an order for both sensors from someone selling them in pair and at a very good price. Hope it arrives next week and can do an update on my progress.

Matty

41 - 52 of 52 Posts