Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Southern California (Sun Diego).

Sorry for the late intro.
I really found this forum very informative.
I used it extensively to research and learn about the SLK.
It helped me tremendously in my decision to buy my 2005 SLK55 AMG.
I felt that with the right information I was able to make a good purchase decision and it was also financially sound.

I actually looked at the R170 back in 2000 but ended getting a Porsche Boxster instead. Prior to that I have a convertible Corvette, a Mitsubishi 3000GT (my wife had the Dodge Stealth), and a Toyota Celica. So I feel like I'm progressing car-wise. Oh, let's not forget the street bike for canyon-carving.

Anyway, as I learn more about the SLK, I've been scouring your archives for tips and instructions on various topics, from changing bulbs, choosing tires, suggested mods, and getting ideas from other owners.

I'm glad I found this site. :tu:

r/
Ed

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,945 Posts
Welcome from Santee. I just sent you a private message about the BBQ this upcoming weekend up in the LA area if you're interested.

I'd love to meet a few more San Diego area SLK folks!

-- Durk

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,434 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from the north county, i.e., Orange county.

Reactions: Sentine1

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

Reactions: Sentine1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for your hospitality!

Durkatlon: Maybe next time.

JBanks15: Yes, Master Sargeant!

Wooly: Suzuki SV650 (photo attached)

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,434 Posts
if you wish to reply to any pms (private messages) you need 15 posts. to get there faster, welcome at least 15 people in this section.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Welcome Sentine...great city...Sun Diego...very funny. Used to fly into NAS North Island a lot...
Nice choice car wise...post a foto...colour etc..

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Welcome from southern Illinois. SLKWorld is a wonderful information resource with some very helpful and supportive members. Good luck with your new car!

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Welcome from Eugene, Oregon!
San Diego, my Home Port (NASNI) for over two years during my Navy time back in the 70th :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JBanks15: I'll get there!

Der Flieger: I started at COMNAVAIRPAC in the 90's. Here's a photo of my ride.

PropDr: Here's a photo of 3 Nuclear aircraft carriers Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), Nimitz (CVN 68) and Carl Vinson (CVN 70) resting pierside at Naval Air Station North Island.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts