Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AND MABEL
13,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with deep regret that I have to let you all know that I've posted my last "Hi, welcome from the North of Scotland. :smile:", and that Mabel will no longer grace Alness's High Street. :crying:

That's because I've moved!! :smile:

My next welcoming post will be "Hi, welcome from central Scotland. :smile:"

Wasn't getting to see enough of my grandchildren, and, with another on the way, I decided to move nearer to them. I'm now a resident of sunny Barrhead near Glasgow. Just 25 mins from the kids, and already on their "baby minder" lists. :grin:

Looking forward to exploring new roads and scenery in Mabel, and discovering where all the local speed cameras are located. >:D

And finally, YES ...... I'll update my profile accordingly Jeff!! :D

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
You had me worried there for a brief moment Davie... although I'm sure that was the intent with the heading you chose! :wink:

It seems like we've had quite a few new members from Central Scotland recently too, so that gives you opportunities to meet and drive out with those members too, when you're not on baby-sitting duties, and once you've worked out where those speed cameras are! :grin:

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,785 Posts
That's great news,:smile: too many grandparents aren't able to see their grandchildren enough because of their locale and in this day and age grandchildren NEED their grandparents!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Phew - you had me going I thought you were going to say you'd parted with the lovely Mabel.

Best wishes to you and Mabel in your new home. Enjoy being closer to your grandchildren too. Look forward to hearing about your exploration of your new local driving roads - and we'll need pictures too :)

·
Premium Member
14,684 Posts
You know Grand Kids really do not care so much about the Grand Parents than what kinda Toys Grand Parents will bring when they visit better hold on to your wallet.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Enjoy them while they are young in a couple of years they will ask for the SLK keys.:wink:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Alness - Barrhead! What were you thinking! :laugh:
You'll miss these twisty roads with little traffic!
Welcome to the deep south and I hope your grandparently duties don't become too onerous.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Davie.. yes, got me going too... you rotter... :frown:

Seriously though.. I am really happy that you will get to spend more time with your family... kids grow so quickly..

I have very special memories of times I spent with my Grandparents.. we always seemed to be laughing, singing or just messing around...

You have a lot of fun to look forward to...:grin::grin::grin:

Stella

·
AND MABEL
13,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good for you Dave...

Are you a single rat or is there a Mrs/SO?

How old are the kids?
No Mrs THESCAFF, just Mabel. Though she costs me about the same. :wink:
My daughter is 31 and her daughter 2, and her son 10 months. My son is 30 and his better half is expecting their first in October. I'm really looking forward to having them all over once I've finished unpacking (that'll probably be Christmas if I'm lucky!).:grin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Davie what a shame you are leaving or left the Highlands and opted for the lowland of southern Scotland. Ofcouse, the family comes first.
I am located in a small village named Portsoy on Morayfirth coast. Visited and explored Alness upto John O Groats a number of times. Like you
i have grandchildren, five in all and they all love my SLK 2009. and always looking for a ride with top down. Enjoy your life with your family
and best of luck in your new surroundings

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,804 Posts
Hi Davie what a shame you are leaving or left the Highlands and opted for the lowland of southern Scotland. Ofcouse, the family comes first.
I am located in a small village named Portsoy on Morayfirth coast. Visited and explored Alness upto John O Groats a number of times. Like you
i have grandchildren, five in all and they all love my SLK 2009. and always looking for a ride with top down. Enjoy your life with your family
and best of luck in your new surroundings
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

First please update your location and vehicle (Put Looking!)(year?: 1996-2018, model?: 32, 43, 200, 230, 250, 280, 300,320,350,55) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t. This takes about 30 seconds to do.

Follow exactly to update: ‘Usercp’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. Info in your garage does not update your profile.

Join the gang! Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section. New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

On a smartphone: http://www.slkworld.com/new-members-introduce-yourself-here/330737-how-update-your-profile-post-intro-smartphone.html

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.