Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a clued up indie in the Lancashire / Merseyside area if possible,
I've not been able to find anyone I'd trust to tackle coding mods or issues.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm looking for a clued up indie in the Lancashire / Merseyside area if possible,
I've not been able to find anyone I'd trust to tackle coding mods or issues.
I've resurrected this post in the hope that someone can point me in
the direction of someone adept in the coding department
around the areas above, failing that anyone in the UK could be useful.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've resurrected this post in the hope that someone can point me in
the direction of someone adept in the coding department
around the areas above, failing that anyone in the UK could be useful.
Morning Neil, I'm sure I have seen a thread somewhere with a number of UK Indies in it I'll have a look .

Regards Stuart

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I take all our cars to Luciano at

Duke St Autopoint in Rochdale. A bit of a schlepp from the 'Pool, but surely worth a phone call.
01706 526677

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,876 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,259 Posts
You'd have to talk direct to the garage about coding.

MBtech, warrington www.mercedesservicingwarrington.co.uk (often have to wait a couple of weeks to get in) just off M62/A49 interchange.
MDmotorcare ellesmere port www.mdmotorcare.co.uk just past boat museum.
MBwirral www.mb-wirral.co.uk by the train station.

There's another near Manchester that I haven't used but my mate has. I'll ask him. Its in B..... Hill if that helps.
Edit: Bucklow Hill, Knutsford WA16 6RL 01565 830327

I didn't post to your original because I thought someone who has had coding done would.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not going to name the local-ish indies that I've contacted regarding
the coding of a light/rain sensor in place of the light sensor that was fitted originally. However after a number of calls I have been well and truly disillusioned with the bull sh*t that was doled out to me.
As far as I can discern from the posts covering this mod the rain /light sensor can be retrofitted to any post 2004 SLK, mine being a prime example as it has its original screen ( I'm not dead sure about non original ) I fitted the replacement sensor without any problems, the light sensor operates as before so now all I need is the code changing ( to 52, I looked it up )
I explained that I had fitted the replacement and I just needed the code changing. "Oh I don't think that's possible sir" or "I've never heard of that being done before" or "well we could try, but you'll have to leave it with us"
Cost anything between £50 - £120 plus VAT "But we can't guarantee it will work.
No wonder folk go out and buy their own DAS Star sets, I would but I couldn't justify the cost just to get the auto wipe feature.
:soap::tazz:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts