Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share this wonderful road I found yesterday while driving with a couple of friends, it's called Lake Hughes Road, and this is the drive I did:

LINK

I'm thinking about doing a drive here with the SoCal group, since it was very enjoyable. :)

Here's a few videos:

The drive ended at Castaic Lagoon, which has a very nice picnic area:

The downside is that it has a $11 parking fee, the upside is that you can park 2 blocks away for free. :biglaugh:

Here's an idea... start the day with the picnic, then drive the other way.
Or yet another, do a detour and mini-hike on Vasquez Rocks
By the way, they also RENT JET-SKIs on Castaic Lake! :rb That might be good in summer.

Just throwing it out there~ :burnout:

·
Registered
659 Posts
haha.. you passed right by us! We were on our boat on the upper lake. If I had known you were coming up, we could have taken you out on the lake.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a boat!? (now I see it--in your signature!).
Sign me up for that! :D

do you know anything about the jet-ski rental by the way? It was closed yesterday (maybe cause it's not season yet?)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Castaic has a very small roped off area for jet skis. You might as well drive them around your pool. I used to have two jet skis and never took them to Castaic.
We can plan a group day on the boat anytime. We have yearly pass on Castaic.

·
Registered
659 Posts
BTW, if you take Lake Huges road, you can go toward Lake Elizabeth and have lunch at the Rock Inn. goooood grub. mmmmm.
Then continue on Lake Elizabeth to Sanfrancisquito Cyn and into Valencia. Fun drive.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like a fast road. Get it organized Pablo!! :D
Might, though Todd seems to have a better understanding of the area! :)

BTW, if you take Lake Huges road, you can go toward Lake Elizabeth and have lunch at the Rock Inn. goooood grub. mmmmm.
Then continue on Lake Elizabeth to Sanfrancisquito Cyn and into Valencia. Fun drive.
Yes I saw Lake Elizabeth and the Rock Inn on the way there (the one with all the motorcycles). Seemed like a nice place to stop. We didn't take San Francisquito though, we took Bouquet Canyon... is San Francisquito nicer?

I might take you up on the boat offer! :tu:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Might, though Todd seems to have a better understanding of the area! :)

Yes I saw Lake Elizabeth and the Rock Inn on the way there (the one with all the motorcycles). Seemed like a nice place to stop. We didn't take San Francisquito though, we took Bouquet Canyon... is San Francisquito nicer?

I might take you up on the boat offer! :tu:
They're both great ways to go. We'll have to plan a lunch run up/through there.

As for the boat.. once the weather cooperates, it's open. In the summer, there's usually a bunch of boats that tie up in the back and have a 'float' party. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts