·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
27,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It getting dusty in this corner of the forum.

Best not to bump a ladies section.

We'll try a gentle nudge instead.

:tu:

Gents remember, it's for the ladies.

I'm only posting to give it a little light.

·
27,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's getting dusty in this corner of the forum.

Best not to bump a ladies section.

We'll try a gentle nudge instead.

:tu:

Gents remember, it's for the ladies.

I'm only posting to give it a little light.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any Ladies Enjoy Detailing?

Do any other ladies in here do their own washing, waxing, vacuuming, leather conditioning, engine cleaning, weatherstrip&gasket lubing? It's one of my favorite things to do to relax. I always like to hear about other ladies' car care techniques and products. It's like makeup and a hairstyle for my car. :wink: :x

Love to chat about this, compare notes about claybar and polishing, etc...
Here's my girl Schottzie after recent engine detailing.

FWHH1131.jpg

HBWA6084.jpg

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
657 Posts
I do... I love washing, waxing, vacuuming and things of that nature. I don't trust anyone to wash and detail my car. I have trust issues :wink:

Do any other ladies in here do their own washing, waxing, vacuuming, leather conditioning, engine cleaning, weatherstrip&gasket lubing? It's one of my favorite things to do to relax. I always like to hear about other ladies' car care techniques and products. It's like makeup and a hairstyle for my car. :wink: :x

View attachment 544922

View attachment 544924

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
599 Posts

View attachment 544922

View attachment 544924
I always look like I’ve been dragged through a hedge backwards.
And Stirling Surtees is the same he’s my everyday car. But if we’re going out Avel du will give him a spruce up.
But I’m quite lucky with the paint job it does not show the dirt as much as other colours. Lucky really cause it would be my idea of hell.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
599 Posts
Car related activities — what are your favorite activities to do with your SLK?
Drive with roof down.
Drive with roof up.
Drive roof down at night love it.
Get Avel du to play Jenga after getting a bigger shop than first thought, it’s amazing how much the boot will hold.
Get back to a car park and smile Stirling Surtees is mine.
Not get caught in moterway services with tourist buses as they have cameras and 3 buses later still there with them taking photos.

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,536 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Trusting anyone else to detail my car

I do... I love washing, waxing, vacuuming and things of that nature. I don't trust anyone to wash and detail my car. I have trust issues :wink:
I agree that it's hard to trust anyone else with my car. Years ago, I would take my cars for professional detailing, and was never happy with the result. One "professional" burned the topcoat on another of my cars. (Not the SLK!) Since then, I've always done my own detailing and paint touchup, learning from people who have good techniques.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What do I use to clean under the bonnet?

What do you ladies use to clean under the bonnet with?
I have a variety of products. I just started professional detailing as a side job for extra income. But the basics are the same: General clean, deep clean and/or spot clean, rejuvenation, and shine.

Engine bay dirt tends to be greasy. I start with a bucket of warm soapy water and a washcloth, wring out all the water, and start wiping. I do a section at a time. Sometimes I go through 4 buckets of soapy water. This removes almost all the dirt and grime.

Eventually I am down to the spots with tough engine grease. I use spray Engine Degreaser for that and toothbrushes to get into nooks and crannies.
Everything must be wiped down with a clean, damp washcloth to remove residue after cleaning.

Corrosion and rust require separate additional treatments -- the right treatment depends on the situation and it's too long to describe here.

Rejuvenation: I use Rejuvenate for hard black plastic that needs to be very black and to glisten. Meguiar's Ultimate Black is good too, and gives a flatter black finish. I use Gummi Pflege for soft rubber components and weatherstripping.

I then use Bronc Shine or Mothers Waterless Wash and Wax on the painted surfaces to shine them up.

Attachments

·
27,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A reminder for our newer lady members that they have a section of their own.

Gents,

If you do post, remember this is for our lady members.
Be constructive, or face the wrath of our lady mod & her assistants.
@simplyslk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts