Mercedes SLK World banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I have had very bad experiences over the years with mechanics. One instance I took my Pulsar to the shop because she was losing power. I parked it in their lot before they opened to go to work. I got a call stating it was my carburetor & quoted a repair price. I Firmly told them to back my car out of the garage & park it so I can pick it up after work when they are closed then he asked why! I yelled at him saying my car is fuel injected & dont have a carburetor!
Just last week I took my SLK to an authorized Mercedes shop to ask how much they would charge to simply remove my trunk rams & then reinstall. The mechanic said I must have had problems removing the lining. I told him I did not & why did he say that? He replied because the trunks needs to be in reverse to remove the lining which I told him in was in rearward when I took them out. Then he looked at the hydraulic pump & said it is over filled. I advised him is is overfilled now because my ram is leaking and I will lose more fluid when removing & reinstalling the rebuilt rams. I was then told he would not guarantee the rams if they were to install them. I replied I didnt expect a guarantee on a part they did not service. He did state it would only be a 30min job to remove & reinstall thus an hour of labor but he would have to get a price from his boss since they normally charge $600USD with a 2 week turn around which I advised him I couldnt go 2 weeks without wheels. The office gal seen I was getting agitated told me that he would not be doing the actual work but another service tech. Needless to say I never received that call with a price nor will I ever go back there even tho its the only place within 40 miles.
I am happy to say I am taking on this myself even if I will break ALL 10 of my fingernails!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts