Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LA Auto Show / 2012 SLK 55 AMG (PICS ADDED!!)

So they took the silk off the new 55 at the AMG Preview party last night at the LA Auto Show. I took several hi-res photos, but can't post them until Monday when I get back to Scottsdale. As here in the forum, the reviews were mixed about the new style. The C63 Black they unveiled definitely stole the show. The ML63 also was revealed. Great event. Off to San Diego now. Stay tuned for pics.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
So can't imagine any other result. The W204 C63 BS coupe is a game changer. The R172 AMG's claim to fame is good gas mileage... Can't wait to see which is cheaper, but I'm taking bets.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have finally uploaded all my photos from the show to my public Flickr account at http://www.flickr.com/photos/coldsho...7628098933993/. There are about 225 high res JPEG's, all with no restirctions. Feel free to pull copies down for your own use if you like.

There is no order to the photos taken. The MB's are mixed throughout the set with other shots from the show floor. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Thanks for all the pics!:tu: While I think it looks better on the 55... I still can go for that nose.:confused:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Great pics! Interesting that they're using Conti tires. I wonder if they're switching their allegiance from the Mich's.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Thanks for all the neat pics. Several observations on the R172 SLK 55. Looks good, but disappointed overall. Can get the same "look" with a R172 SLK 350 with sports package. Even though it's elevated, the R172 SLK 55 sure sits high. Check out the front and rear wheel gap. For now, my feeling is, SLK 55 ///AMG, been there, done that. The CL 63 Black Series is RED HOT!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.