Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
*Registered
2011 SLK350
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have tried this when the error was intermittent. I removed the sensor, cleaned it, i have also cleaned the sensor hole with some cotton buds (not sure if this is recommended / safe) but there was a lot of dirt inside, then compressed air. but when I put back the sensor, I’m still having the same problem.
Thanks for your reply ALK.AMG. I will replace mine when I get them. I have error codes on both left and right side front ABS sensors.

·
*Registered
2011 SLK350
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
ABS Sensor Unboxing - Second Iteration!

Yesterday, I finally received a new set of ABS sensors from AutoDoc. They were more costly than the first (wrong) set I received from AutoDoc. I noticed they were delivered in exactly the same boxes, and even have the same numbers?

However, one set will work (knock on wood) whereas the other will not - for reasons discussed above. I have attached a picture to illustrate the difference. I am shortly leaving for a business trip, so will not attempt getting this fixed for a couple of weeks.

Gadget Bicycle handlebar Audio equipment Wood Electrical wiring

Caveat Emptor!

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250D
51 Posts
I had both sides failed on mine on different dates, and the garage used MB-sourced parts. So far all is well ! They weren't too expensive either. However it is disappointing that they failed at such a low mileage, (mid 30k)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts