Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what the verdict is on the Kleemann supercharger upgrade. Had a chance to get an '06 AMG with Kleemann stage 4 but it was blowing white smoke in the engine compartment on the test drive. Didn't want to roll the dice. Are these things reliable? I am disappointed that the AMGs do not come standard with an LSD. Even without a supercharger, I think this is needed. May eventually get one...would help close the traction gap *slightly* versus my last sports car which had AWD.

If you want to comment on a non-Kleemann supercharger, happy to hear about that too. Thanks.

·
Registered
500 Posts
You rather buy another Slk55 with supercharger installed instead of install a supercharger on your car? :confused: Maybe it got a leaking exhaust but the white smoke mean, water inside engine. There's an 06 Slk55 w'Renntech SC in the San Jose area. I talked to the owner many times about the car but decided to past it up due to the 09 front end look much better.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Curious what the verdict is on the Kleemann supercharger upgrade. Had a chance to get an '06 AMG with Kleemann stage 4 but it was blowing white smoke in the engine compartment on the test drive. Didn't want to roll the dice. Are these things reliable? I am disappointed that the AMGs do not come standard with an LSD. Even without a supercharger, I think this is needed. May eventually get one...would help close the traction gap *slightly* versus my last sports car which had AWD.

If you want to comment on a non-Kleemann supercharger, happy to hear about that too. Thanks.
Take it to a MB Dealer and have an inspection done. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The supercharged 55 is no longer for sale. I'm just wondering if I should kick myself for settling for 355 horsepower or if the supercharger reliability is not worth the headaches. At upwards of $20K to have one installed, it would be extremely difficult to justify on an '06 so I don't see that happening. An LSD perhaps.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The supercharged 55 is no longer for sale. I'm just wondering if I should kick myself for settling for 355 horsepower or if the supercharger reliability is not worth the headaches. At upwards of $20K to have one installed, it would be extremely difficult to justify on an '06 so I don't see that happening. An LSD perhaps.

Not $20K in today market. Kleemann SC kit last month were going for less then $8K and another $1500 for installation. I personally Spoke to [email protected] about the kit but decided I just want to enjoy the car first just with comestic mods. These 2006 Slk55 w'Renntech SC still for sale and it in your area.............

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-cars-sale/24167-slk-55-amg-renntech-supercharged.html

Kleemann SC special.............

http://mbworld.org/forums/slk55-r171/416826-kleemann-kompressor-special-slk55.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate the links. The $10K range starts to become a real consideration at some point. Very nice to know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.