Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone Have Kleemann K2 On An SLK 350

Okay, I've searched and searched some more. I can't find anyone getting the K2 mods done on a post-facelift 350.
All I find are results on you lucky folks that have 55's.
Anyone out there that has had it done on a post-facelift that can give some impressions (dyno's if done)?

Got the fever again. Mods are killing me.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,173 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just Got The M272 HP/TQ Values w/ ECU Tune

Just got the dyno result from Denmark for the M272.
Hk to HP - divide by 1.01387
Nm to ft-lbs - divide by 1.3558
The values are crank HP/TQ so multiply Hp by 0.75 and torque by 0.89.
Of note - the increases are with an ECU tune only. Headers will add 25+ Hp and torque.
My calculations are 307 cHp (230 wHp) to 337 cHp (253 wHp) increase of 23 wHp and 300 cft-lbs (267 wft-lbs) to 318 cft-lbs (283 wft-lbs).

Attachments

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
I have not had a chance to have the car dyno'd. Eventually I will, but I can tell you that the increase felt in acceleration from both standstill and at all speeds in significant. Don't know how much for sure but the K2 unleashed power for sure.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have not had a chance to have the car dyno'd. Eventually I will, but I can tell you that the increase felt in acceleration from both standstill and at all speeds in significant. Don't know how much for sure but the K2 unleashed power for sure.
Did you ever get a chance to do a 0-60 test with Durk's car and contrast it to yours?

I am worried that next time I am down there your car will be faster than my 350! :grin:

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
Did you ever get a chance to do a 0-60 test with Durk's car and contrast it to yours?

I am worried that next time I am down there your car will be faster than my 350! :grin:
We never did have a chance to do that. However, Durk did give me some great pointers on how to drive the auto box and now I drive her like that 90% of the time.

I think now that the car is probably very close to a 350 w/auto.. prolly not the performance of your m.t.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
We never did have a chance to do that. However, Durk did give me some great pointers on how to drive the auto box and now I drive her like that 90% of the time.

I think now that the car is probably very close to a 350 w/auto.. prolly not the performance of your m.t.
A MT is only as good as the person driving it, and I am not a quick shifter. I drive my car really gently and only really get on the power when merging or getting up to speed on the highway.

Still, your car has a good amount of power that makes it exhilarating to drive and it (the power) is all easily accessible. You can get more out of your 300 on a daily basis then I could ever hope with my 350. Especially with your brake upgrade and lower profile wheels.

It is not about how much power you have, but how much you enjoy your car!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Kleemann headers were just delivered by FedEx.
Now I have to find the time to install them. Wish I had slimmer arms but will make due.
Of note, mine came with high-flow CATs. $1375 on the Kleemann website, $995 from Cory in CO.
Sure are purdy.:smile:

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got the time to work on Black Betty. Installed the headers and down pipes/CATs. The passenger side exhaust is done.
All that is left is finishing the driver's side exhaust tomorrow.
Anyone thinking of doing this yourself on a 350 be aware. You better have skinny arms. Removing the old manifolds were more difficult than installing the headers. The second bottom third nut from the back is a bear. It's directly behind the 2nd exhaust pipe and you can't get a socket on it. I had to use a combination wrench. Another thing is the driver's side heat shields. There are two SHARP bolts sticking out that will tear your arms up. Mine look like I've been in a bad car wreck. I finally figured out that putting several layers of duct tape over them makes it a lot easier. At least, after this, putting the new headers were a breeze. Also, be smart and get you a pair of thin gloves and cut the fingers off. This will save you a lot of pain from the repetitive motion of the ratchet wrench and your hands against the heat shields.
Now I just need to finish up and check for manifold leaks. I pray there are none, remember the bottom nut?

It's good to be retired and not be rushed through a job like this. Actually quite fun. Black Betty seemed to like the attention.
I'll update after finishing up and leak checking everything.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stinger was correct. Black Betty HOWLS at WOT and sounds simply astounding when given any throttle. Idle is pretty much OEM. Best of all - no codes thrown.
Now need to come up with $900 without the wifey noticing it missing for the ECU tune.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts