Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car's hiney has long since been "debadged" with the exception of the star. However, in preparation of the Legends of Autobahn show where she has been entered in the "Performance Modified" Class, GT Auto Concepts (the tuner that performed the modifications) thinks that I should now badge the car appropriately with the Kleemann logo. Personally, I like the "Naked" look. But I sure would like the opinions of all my friends in SLK land.

Should she strut her stuff or not?

·
Air Suspension Manager
631 Posts
Your car looks georgeous.
She doesn't need any badge at all.
Star is all you need IMO.

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,078 Posts
If you've got it, flaunt it!

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm agreeing with the majority here......there's so much going on with the car a badge just take's away from her beauty IMHO.

But, I made up this little story board (although I'm not sure if the judges will allow it). Made it up with a Desktop Publishing Program and sent the file to eSigns.com | Make Custom Signs & Banners Online to have it printed. Perhaps this is "Badge" enough without it actually being on the car >:D.

FRONT

BACK

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Yeah, I agree with everyone else, keep it naked, if you must, get a license plate frame or a sticker on the side window.

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,429 Posts
Flaunt it! I'd badge that sucker! Tastefully, but do it! Otherwise the ignorant public will have no idea what greatness they're looking at (of course they probably won't know with the badge!). Tastefully, but wearing it proudly, you paid for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The folks that do know, will understand just how special that Kleemann badge is. We don't buy these car so we won't be seen!!!!! Otherwise go out and get a Chrysler K car! (beige, by the way!)

Out there, I guess the SLK's are more prevalent, but here in Ohio, they know that's its a Mercedes, but without looking at the badge, most have no idea. Hell, around here, they don't know where to look for the badge! I really do get that all the time in the car shows I've been in and shown the Dawg. Even when I tell them what model is, I have to explain it to them. But that's okay, I like to talk! (and show off!)

>:D

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK350
17,955 Posts
I think it would look good either way. Badging says soothing about the car to be proud of. Like the star or the 2Look logos. But I am also reminded of a movie quote "badges? We don't need no stinking badges". But then again, I think your ride looks great just as it is.

If the signs you are having made up are allowed, I would not badge and keep the look you set out to have.

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Flaunt it! I'd badge that sucker! Tastefully, but do it! Otherwise the ignorant public will have no idea what greatness they're looking at (of course they probably won't know with the badge!). Tastefully, but wearing it proudly, you paid for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The folks that do know, will understand just how special that Kleemann badge is. We don't buy these car so we won't be seen!!!!! Otherwise go out and get a Chrysler K car! (beige, by the way!)

Out there, I guess the SLK's are more prevalent, but here in Ohio, they know that's its a Mercedes, but without looking at the badge, most have no idea. Hell, around here, they don't know where to look for the badge! I really do get that all the time in the car shows I've been in and shown the Dawg. Even when I tell them what model is, I have to explain it to them. But that's okay, I like to talk! (and show off!)

>:D
At this show they will most definitely know what it is. Remember, the show is being judged by both "Authentic" Mercedes Benz Officials as well as judges from the Mercedes Benz Club of America. There will be nothing but Mercedes Benz in this competition. In adjacent arenas will be BMW and Audi and of course those brands will be judged by equally knowledgeable people within their respective venues.

There will also be a "People's Choice" award where members of each club will vote on their personal favorites. This will be fun......I am sure that I will not win anything....there will be so many beautiful cars. After next week we will be sure to post up plenty of pictures of all the events we will be attending.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hard to say without seeing the whole car in person but i'd lean towards no badges.

By the way I can't help but notice on the first side of the sign you have an end quotation mark at the end of the middle paragraph but no first and on the other side 'Tastefully' is spelt wrong...unless its one of those words 'mericans like to spell 'differently'! >:D

Not a critiscm just sayin' :cool:

Edit: Also 'World's' may be...i'll stop now :grin:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,722 Posts
Hi All

Seeing the people that run this show & the other high end cars entered ,I would say & i'm sorry to say this but its how I see things , If your car is not a full blood Kleemann tuned car ie a SLK55 AMGK S8 I would say no to the badge , Remember the company your keeping & if they think your badging up it's a no no .

Sorry mate you know how I love your car & mods

Andy >:D >:D

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hard to say without seeing the whole car in person but i'd lean towards no badges.

By the way I can't help but notice on the first side of the sign you have an end quotation mark at the end of the middle paragraph but no first and on the other side 'Tastefully' is spelt wrong...unless its one of those words 'mericans like to spell 'differently'! >:D

Not a critiscm just sayin' :cool:

Edit: Also 'World's' may be...i'll stop now :grin:
Well crud Spud! You're not supposed to read the darned thing your just supposed to glance at it. Sheesh......it's "Window Dressing". :grin:

Seriously though, now I'm embarrassed. I'm all about sales and in my business I have many editors that help fix my errors. It's because I'm always in a rush. The floating "Quote" mark doesn't bother me as much as the mis-spelled words. Maybe I should just remove that back side and make it a One-Sided Story. :crying:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Well crud Spud! You're not supposed to read the darned thing your just supposed to glance at it. Sheesh......it's "Window Dressing". :grin:

Seriously though, now I'm embarrassed. I'm all about sales and in my business I have many editors that help fix my errors. It's because I'm always in a rush. The floating "Quote" mark doesn't bother me as much as the mis-spelled words. Maybe I should just remove that back side and make it a One-Sided Story. :crying:
Sod the software, just hire me instead :wink: Although JB will testify my typing skills are lacking at times, reading is better :grin:

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@jbanks15

My solution to the badge. This pays homage to Kleemann for their work whilst keeping the derriere clean. It also adds a bit of sparkle under the bonnet when the engine bay lights are on.
:grin:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts