Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It works pretty darned good! Pictures of my auto coated with it simply do not do it justice.
Post if you have particulars.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
I use it at every major detail as well. It needs to be applied in a very thin coat, but it protects and lasts a very long time.

·
92,846 Posts

·
92,846 Posts
Apologies for bringing up a oldish topic but was just wondering what you used to apply it?
regular wax/polish applicators

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Porter-Cable orbital polisher/buffer. I used a very soft pad to apply it. A few drops at a time on the pad and touch the car surface 5-6 times to "spread" it. Set the polisher to 6 to go over the area to be covered and then jacked it up to 10 for a bit over the surface. Then a buffer pad to finish.

The Porter-Cable polisher is one of my best buys.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I like Klasse. Nice shine, fairly good durability. I use (and prefer) Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 on darker cars. On my white SLK55 I'm using Maquiar's NXT2.0. So far so good. I use my DA orbital for compound and polish only. Sealant applied by hand (just a personal preference).

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I use it as part of a process- I strip the old wax, then apply a light coat of the Klasse by hand and let it cure for several hours. I then apply a white carnauba by hand and buff. Then, a good liquid wax, Zymol or Pinnacle or the like. Hard acrylic base with a warm wax shine. Fantastic! It's labor intensive, though, so I don't do the entire process too often, just the liquid wax every month or so.
Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts