Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so this is a general DAS query that maybe one of the Gurus can help with.

I recently fixed a problem on my S211 for error code 1616-002 which was a faulty exhaust back pressure sensor giving excessive back pressure readings even when the engine was stopped. In the snapshot data for the fault SDS gives the first and last kilometer readings when the fault occurred. Given that I had cleared this fault and the event history several times I would expect these numbers to be pretty close to my current odometer ready of 117K miles which is about 188 Km. However, what it shows are readings 87,108 and 87,218 Km (this is from an old snapshot so the mileage was a bit lower then). The only thing I can think of is that the Km value has lost the most significant digit and its really 187,108 and 187,218.
 

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for reply. I will check that out when I get chance. I have a pretty good service history that came with the car so believe the odometer reading is correct so this test log just seemed very weird.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I have just got back to this and the tests I have done this morning confirm that the kilometer readings in the fault report are indeed only the least significant 5 digits and exactly 100K different from the actuals values read in the IC/EIS. This is 2014.09 version of Xentry and reading from a late 2006 S211 320Cdi. It seems a really bizarre data economy but I guess there's a technical reason for it somewhere.
 

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
Joined
·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I have just got back to this and the tests I have done this morning confirm that the kilometer readings in the fault report are indeed only the least significant 5 digits and exactly 100K different from the actuals values read in the IC/EIS. This is 2014.09 version of Xentry and reading from a late 2006 S211 320Cdi. It seems a really bizarre data economy but I guess there's a technical reason for it somewhere.
A knock on effect of this can be a bit "confuse the user". Yesterday when I did a scan of my daughter's new to her B class I got the info that a fault first occurred at 88k and most recently at 6k! Whereas it should have said 106k i.e it not only lost the 1 but also suppressed the leading 0.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top