Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm cruising in my SLK 55 AMG not paying much attention to idiots on the road, obeying the speed limit, and relaxing while enjoying music on the Harmon Kardon Sound System and enjoying the torque and sound...

When a Maserati Gran Turismo comes up behind me, starts flashing me and rev and going crazy, comes next to me by a traffic light and revs and goes crazy. I thought at that point that I couldn't possibly beat this guy (not knowing the full specs of the vehicle but knowing it had a V8 in it)...

I pulled away onto the highway from the traffic lights and he kept up with me for the first moment or so because my car just killed him, leaving him in my rear view mirror becoming a distant memory. That car although powerful is just too heavy in my opinion and sluggish on the pull away.

:)

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Neither is the S version of the Granturismo or the Granturismo ( normal ) fast. They are extremely heavy yet beautiful cars, for the price I wouldnt consider them because of the weight and sluggish pull. Dont underestimate the car, the SLK might have low HP compared to todays cars but the TORQUE makes it up with the 7speed auto and low weight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts