Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two drags at two stop signs. He smoked me so bad. I really shouldn't have picked that fight. I learned my lesson hhahahahah

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,464 Posts
you gotta pick your fights

·
Registered
331 Posts
and isnt that GT500 KR weight heavier than our slk ? remember JET LEE OR JACKIE CHAN MOVIES, they are both small and tiny lil asian ppl but they kick ass and fast....

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
and isnt that GT500 KR weight heavier than our slk ? remember JET LEE OR JACKIE CHAN MOVIES, they are both small and tiny lil asian ppl but they kick ass and fast....
First off, Jackie chan is usually listed at 5'8", an inch under the average US height, and his muscle mass is DEFINITELY higher...I wouldn't call that tiny.

Second, a SLK 55 with a good start can beat the GT500 KR off the line (but most likely not from a roll).

Third and finally, you need to keep that attitude about Asians to yourself. :soap: Be it self-deprecation, or a deep prejudice, it is not appreciated.

·
Registered
331 Posts
no offense but im asian too. i was just make a comparing between GT 500 and our SLK... i wasnt mean to make any fun or judge any type of asian.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've raced a couple of them and they are pretty stout. I didn't loose.

oh, I wasn't driving the SLK either.. lol.

Most of the mustang guys (ones with s/c) take them from the show room to the garage and pulley them down. Then they're close to 500 at the wheels. For them, it's $80 for a pulley. no brainer there.
My car is 600 lbs lighter, hence not much of a problem.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've raced a couple of them and they are pretty stout. I didn't loose.

oh, I wasn't driving the SLK either.. lol.

Most of the mustang guys (ones with s/c) take them from the show room to the garage and pulley them down. Then they're close to 500 at the wheels. For them, it's $80 for a pulley. no brainer there.
My car is 600 lbs lighter, hence not much of a problem.
I lost to one GT350 (an original from like 1968) way back when I had a Laser Turbo (my first "sporty" car) in 1985. I didn't like that taste one bit & promptly sold it & got brand new red Mustang GT 5.0. That car was pretty quick back in its time - now my familly car would just about hang with it :rb.

I did have one of those termi Cobras try & run me in my SLK on the highway (the very night I just had my Kleemann package installed & dyno tuned). He lost....bad. :burnout:

I like your cars... similiar to my garage.:biglaugh:

-Matt

·
Registered
659 Posts
Daymn Mat.. your SLK must be stout! Those terminators aint no slouch!

and no. they don't handle that well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Daymn Mat.. your SLK must be stout! Those terminators aint no slouch!

and no. they don't handle that well.
Its fairly sprite with 490 rwhp, 534 rwtq, & the 7 spd tranny but it's a little porky at 3,400 lbs (but it's safe, my RX-7 feels like the 2,700 lbs Pepsi can that it is - I get hit in that thing & I swear I'm a dead man...it goes like a scalded dog though :burnout:).

Nice Z06 Todd. :tu:

-Matt

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I've played with a Mustang GT and handling is not it's strong point IMO. In fact on my route from home to work, I think the Mustang would struggle to keep up with my SLK200. It would end up in the hedge...

·
Registered
346 Posts
I pretty much leave well enough alone anymore. I really don't have the energy to deal with street racers, not to mention it's crazy dangerous.

However apparently I lost to a Subaru WRX STI this morning. Had the top down driving about 5 over on surface streets. I went around some slower moving traffic only to have an STI fly up my ass and blow around me. The crazy part was I got to the stop light and a guy in a truck next to me starts cursing me out for I guess my driving. Apparently he felt I was racing the STI when in reality the STI pretty much came out of nowhere and buzzed around me. I suppose it's easier to yell at the guy in the convertible then the other guy two lanes over with the windows rolled up. I just ignored his rants. Esshh.

Rabbit

1 - 20 of 25 Posts