Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to share a great weekend so far. My wife and I went up to Homberg (Efze) for a concert last night (Kansas, REO Speedwagon and Journey), other than the "Stau's" the trip was good, weather cooperated and the concert kicke'd butt. Spent the night in Frankfurt, received lots of looks and compliments on the new AMG. On the way back home on the A-63 (Mainz to K-town) I was passed by a new 911. OK, that's cool; spent a couple of km's catching up. Once I did, game on... (We were both responsible, little traffic, dry road, distance etc...) I kicked in the "Sport" mode and we had a great time of "Cat and Mouse". This was the first time I've really opened the car up and she kept up with the 911. He let me pass (I think he was curious to find out what kind of car was tailing him)... For the rest of the way we traded positions of "follow the leader". In the end we smiled, waved to each other and went our seperate ways. While I kept the speed around 220km/150 MPH'ish, I definately feel the need to get the cars speed delimited. I think I'm going to have a blast with the car, every day seems to get better & better! God I love the Autobahn on a good weather day with little to know traffic!!!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
sounds like you had a rally nice weekend!
I really enjoyed the 911 cat a mouse story, being in Germany on the autobahn certainly helped, i cant see the same thing happening in the UK without the risk of spending the night in jail...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Concert sounded great those are some really good bands but wgat I'm jelous of is the Autobahn. I wish we had somewhere around here I could open it every now and then just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
That cat and mouse game sounds like a ton-o-fun! Sometimes I wish we in the US had an equivalent of the German Autobahn...

Also sounds like a great concert. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Nothing like a little highway fun under the right conditions...with the right players. Sounds like a good weekend!

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
That is a great weekend of getting compliments and trying against a 911, I remember Mainz perfectly loved the area has many nice rivers/lakes if memory serves me right and some well known hospitals.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
My wife and I went up to Homberg (Efze) for a concert last night (Kansas, REO Speedwagon and Journey),
Boy, that's a trip back in time, saw all those bands live back in the late '70s early '80s.:tu:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great story!
I totally know the area you are talking about. I used to work in Mainz-Finthen and I lived in downtown Wiesbaden. It's amazing that even in that area I saw very few SLKs. Too bad about the limited speed for ya tho! Maybe you can get someone to reflash your ecu to something similar to the flash that comes with the 030 package.

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Great story!
I totally know the area you are talking about. I used to work in Mainz-Finthen and I lived in downtown Wiesbaden. It's amazing that even in that area I saw very few SLKs. Too bad about the limited speed for ya tho! Maybe you can get someone to reflash your ecu to something similar to the flash that comes with the 030 package.
Easy lots of Companies can do that to name a few:

Digi-Tec
MKB
Kleemann

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
That's interesting that your car is limited, I thought you ordered the US-spec for it? On my SLK 55, there is no artificial limiter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts