Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week while browsing SLK accessories, I came across a keyless start module. Now, from what I've understood, Keyless start is a $1000 optional extra on most Mercs. Turns out, if you have keyless entry (Unlock/lock by touching the door handles) you have all you need for keyless start, except maybe the key module. Which you can get for $25-45. I went with the supplier with the best reviews, ordered the little key insert, put it in and VOILA! works like a bomb.

Now I don't know if I was just unlucky to buy a car with the keyless start module missing or if this is common, but keyless entry without keyless start has been a bugbear for me for some time. What's the point of being able to unlock and open the car with the key in my pocket but I have to take the key out and use it to start the car. Well no more!

So hopefully I'm not unique and this help one or two of you out there with a minor upgrade that was actually quite a pain for me. Here's the one I went with: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K5XH4TM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,773 Posts
I see you havent asked for your FREE data card to see if you have the 889 option per the sellers blurb (red highlight is mine):

Product description
genuine mercedes-benz keyless go ignition pressure button (221-545-07-14-64) part can be found as #5 in the diagram above genuine mercedes-benz parts product description message us with vin# and we will confirm whether your vehicle is equipped with keyless-go code(889) specifications brand mercedes-benz manufacturer part number 221-545-07-14-64 sku 221-545-07-14-64 product genuine mercedes-benz keyless go ignition pressure button (221-545-07-14-64) replaces 221-545-01-14,221-545-05-14,221-545-07-14 only part reference #5 on the diagram is included terms and conditions
what it looks like on my data card:

887 SEPARATE TRUNK LID LOCKING
889 KEYLESS - GO
986 DEVIATING VIN WITH MODEL YEAR

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
863 Posts
Someone lost that for your car, that is really just a mechanical piece (not a module) to actuate the start request without a key, it only works on cars with keyless start fitted.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Same! Keyless entry, keyless start is a must for me. It's such a hassle having to physically take the key out of my purse to open the car then put it in the ignition to start. That's too much work.

Now I don't know if I was just unlucky to buy a car with the keyless start module missing or if this is common, but keyless entry without keyless start has been a bugbear for me for some time. What's the point of being able to unlock and open the car with the key in my pocket but I have to take the key out and use it to start the car. Well no more!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts