Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2016 SLC200
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting one, might be of use to someone else. A couple of months ago I noticed the remote roof function was no longer operating, but the roof opened and closed fine from the interior switch. Wasn't too worried, thought I would investigate some other time.

Last week got the car out and had a message on the display along the lines of "Keyfob battery low". So nipped inside and popped in a new CR2025 (dead simple to do) and carried on.

This week I discovered the remote roof is now working fine again! So if your remote roof is not operating, check your key fob batteries first before digging deeper.

M

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,600 Posts
They use to replace the battery's when I put My old 171 in for a service & leave extra battery(s) for the spare key (y)

But, worth replacing the battery's in any car remote control on a yearly (or so) bases, because if they leak & trash the key for the sake of a £1 button battery.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered 2016 SLC200
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good shout to do the spare key as well. Doesn't see the light of day very often so out of sight out of mind! Thanks.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,150 Posts
Last week got the car out and had a message on the display along the lines of "Keyfob battery low". So nipped inside and popped in a new CR2025 (dead simple to do) and carried on.
You can and SHOULD use a CR2035 instead. It's a bit thicker but gives longer life. AND it fits. The same battery, just thicker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts