Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So the keyfob on my "new" 2002 has some funny issues and I'm wondering if anyone experienced the same. The main issue is it will lock the car remotely but fails to unlock it for some reason. The other one is it's hard to get into the door and ignition locks, like it doesn't fit, a little jiggle, and then it goes in and works fine. Maybe time for a new key?

Every time I try to open the car I feel like the last girl in the horror movie that can't get away..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little WD40 for the locks. How old are the batteries in the fob?
Probably old, I'm gonna try finding a couple and replacing them. Previous owner said he dropped the key countless times during the last 10 years so I'm thinking the electronics are probably on their last moments. I'll definitely try the wd-40 right now!

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
The fob uses a common size button battry. You may have to re program them after , I beleive the owners manual has instructions.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would not use WD40 on the locks. Use either powdered graphite or a teflon based lubricant where the solvent will evaporate. Long term the WD40 will collect dust and other crud in the lock. WD40 and duct tape are my two favorite weapons, but not in this case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.