Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I noticed that I was struggling to insert the key into the dashboard the other night when it was pitch dark. Am I right in thinking that there should be a thin light around the key hole to help at night or am I imagining it? (I was using gloves and thought that might be the reason....but I cannot remember if there is supposed to be a light around it or not)...can someone put me out of my misery??:|

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
yours is a 2013 and his is a 2015 so maybe that option was added on the later build?

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
Ah. Lighting pack? All our cars have or had the lighting pack. That would explain it.
i checked his datacard but could not locate yours to check earlier.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I thought "of course it lights up" but then I went and checked and mine doesn't M/Y 2013 250 CDI.

No footwell lights or puddle lamps either ... Not bad for a £32,000 (list) car, thank goodness I didn't buy a cheap one! :wink:

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
I thought "of course it lights up" but then I went and checked and mine doesn't M/Y 2013 250 CDI.

No footwell lights or puddle lamps either ... Not bad for a £32,000 (list) car, thank goodness I didn't buy a cheap one! :wink:
For £200 on the SLC you can get "logo projector lights" in the front doors. Classy.

·
Banned
973 Posts
You can buy a blingy crystal encrusted adhesive surround for the keyhole - the advert always comes up when you search Mercedes accessories.
It does look a bit naff & girlie but does the job of making the keyhole a little more visible even at night.

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
In all seriousness, I'm staggered at how stingy MB are with the "niceties", no footwell lights or illuminated ignition surround as standard... thank goodness they're keeping a tight rein on costs, gotta fund the £1B Formula 1 habit somehow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.