Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed that Kevin (DesignoSLK) hadn't posted in a while so i pm'd him to see if everything was ok. here's an edited cut n paste of the email reply he sent me:

Hey Scott!

Thanks for checking up on me!

Things have been crazy with the move and work has kinda' sucked since the IT police cracked down on my Internet activity...no more forums...losers.

I tried to get a seamless transition for Internet at home, but nothing is smooth about moving. So, we wait. Hopefully this week I'll be back online at home. I'm at the base library right now.

If anyone should ask, let them know I'm in transition...again, and haven't forgot about my virtual homies. I did talk to Gero this week, but that's about it.

How's life treating you? Have you and the wife booked your European vacation yet? Stacey and I have a room setup for you guys when you're ready.

The weather is beautiful today, so I think we're gonna do some top-down adventuring. The area we've moved to is in a German national forest, so you can imagine the scenery. And we have a great view off our balcony of a ruined summer castle that used to be a hunting dig. It's also lighted at night...very cool!

Take care of each other and tell your boss hello! (I know you've told me her name, but forgive me as it has escaped me right now...don't let her know that though...lol.)

Kevin & Stacey

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Thank's for the updates, I noticed that he was a way for a while. However the good thing is that he is getting Internet Connection for his home and that he and his wife are enjoying the pleasent weather and the top down driving experience.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
yeh noticed his posting had stopped.
well at least he aint forgotten bout us 'virtual homies' haha

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Don´t worry about Kevin. A man without his name on his letterbox is forgetting everything...:biglaugh: :tazz: Hopefully he got no problems at work :hail:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Finally!!

Finally back online today and thought I'd stop in real quick to say hello. I have lots of catching up to do here and some important banking to take care of.

I'm back to work tomorrow for 3 days, so it will be hit and miss, but I'll get caught up with everyone.

Thanks for any concerns and I look forward to getting back in the swing of things!

Take care!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
guten tag Kevin. good to see you back online...
imsure the copper r170 has seen a few autobahn high speed runs.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome back Kevin!! :tu:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
A joke for your come back Kevin:

A grandfather is visiting his son and his grandson and he recognized that his grandson is sitting the whole day at the computer. So he said"Oh boy, what your are doing? In your age I went to Paris, touched the women in the Moulin Rouge, drunk a lot and we left the bar without paying!" The grandson is thinking of it and decides to do same. After a couple of month the grandfather is coming again and is looking onto his grandson: Lost teeth, a broken nose and a broken arm. "Oh my god", he said," what have you done?" Grandson:"I did like you. I went to Paris, the Moulin Rouge, touched women, drunk a lot and wanted to lieve the bar without paying." "Mhm", grandfather says,"with whom did you go?" "With the Lufthansa", the gradson says. "Oh that´s the problem,"the grandfather replies,"I went with the Wehrmacht."

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts

A grandfather is visiting his son and his grandson and he recognized that his grandson is sitting the whole day at the computer. So he said"Oh boy, what your are doing? In your age I went to Paris, touched the women in the Moulin Rouge, drunk a lot and we left the bar without paying!" The grandson is thinking of it and decides to do same. After a couple of month the grandfather is coming again and is looking onto his grandson: Lost teeth, a broken nose and a broken arm. "Oh my god", he said," what have you done?" Grandson:"I did like you. I went to Paris, the Moulin Rouge, touched women, drunk a lot and wanted to lieve the bar without paying." "Mhm", grandfather says,"with whom did you go?" "With the Lufthansa", the gradson says. "Oh that´s the problem,"the grandfather replies,"I went with the Wehrmacht."
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :tu:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Holy crap! These last couple of weeks have been hell!! My wife isn't working yet and every minute off work is filled with SOMETHING!!! Add to that I can't surf SLKWorld at work anymore. That's going to seriously cut into my forum time...stinkn' job! If I didn't have to pay bills, I'd say the heck with!

Welcome back Kevin, nice to see you posting.

How are the high speed shoot's on the Autobahn treating you?
Thanks Mo! I thought of you a couple weeks ago when a 512 zipped past me...too quick for me to get a good picture. But I thought "Mo would appreciate that!"

guten tag Kevin. good to see you back online...
imsure the copper r170 has seen a few autobahn high speed runs.
I've thoroughly enjoyed 2 runs to 155 mph (downward slope) since the last posts. There's a nice long stretch of smooth concrete from where I live now. :tu:

Welcome back Kevin!! :tu:
Thanks eddy...I'm going to try not to be such a stranger in the future.

hello kevin..looks like everyone misses you..
Hey anthon!! Welcome to SLKWorld!! Great folks here!! I look forward to seeing more of you!!

anthon, welcome to the forum.

Kevin, I've got to ask, did you get a hood put over your monitor at work :eek:
Tom...you have no idea the $hit I went through. IT people have a god complex! Needless to say I won't be on near as much anymore for a while. :mad:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: true Gallier style Gero! :tu:

@ Gero:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::tu:

@Kevin Good to see you around......

Does anybody believe in reincarnation???? :D
Hey Gabus! Glad to see you're plugging in here!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Wow a Ferrari 512?, I havent seen many of those. I usually see Testarossa.

Thats cool, I see you are enjoying your 155mph sprints.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Hey Kevin, Glad you are back!:rb

Post pics of your neck of the woods....Always like seeing pics of Germany.:burnout:

Talk at ya later,
SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
That can´t be mine Gabus. I remember nothing...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.