Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't use our Lexus much. Went to start, no go. Called AAA and they checked the battery out. needed a charge. we hadn't used it for a couple of weeks, and we usually only use it around town (short trips) well short trips aren't enough to charge the battery. And, the car draws half an amp just sitting there.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
849 Posts
One of the best purchases I made was a C-Tek float charger (though there are other brands). It appears to be the model also sold as the official MB charger. This charger has extended the life of my batteries so much as to pay for itself several times over. My 2005 is still on its original battery. I have several motorcycles that needed new batteries every 2-3 years and once on the charger have not replaced in 5 years. Now, every vehicle starts after 6 months storage.

Gordon

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Modern cars have a lot of things going on...even when sitting still. Do you have an alarm? Door locks? Radio memory?

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have most of that. But was still surprised at drawing half an amp just sitting. Also that it takes about 30 minutes to replace the charge from starting. an older battery, lots of short trips and little use not good for battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts