Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as your annual spring vehicle cleanup approaches, the Kansas City Automotive Museum has arranged for our friend Rob Howard from KC Auto Car Care and Accessories to present a detailing clinic. We anticipate this 2-hour tech session will include most aspects of hand and machine polishing, and the many pads, polishes, waxes, sealants, coatings, and so on. Inclement weather will not be a factor as the event will be held in the museum's drive-in (as in movie) display hall.

I and my lady plan to attend. See you there!

After the event, since we're only .8 of a mile from Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que, it would be unthinkable to pass up the opportunity to drop in for a Z-man sandwich or something. I mean, as long as we're so close and all...

Saturday, February 29, 2020 -
9:00am to 11:00am
Kansas City Automotive Museum, 15095 West 116th Street
Olathe, Kansas

Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que: Joe's Kansas City Restaurant Menu

Rob Howard's KC Auto Car Care and Accessories: KC Auto Car Care & Accessories

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Lady and I had a wonderful date day at the Kansas City Automotive Museum's detailing class. In all, much material was presented, many questions asked, and we learn a few vital lessons:

-Home washing can be fun. After the event, we went to the participating business and purchased a foaming set-up (I have an air compressor) and will try it tomorrow.
-We will leave serious waxing to the professionals. Neither my Lady and I have the patience to do it right.

Turn-out was a great; at least 60-70 people attended. The car eye candy was 1st class: both with what was on display at the museum as well the cars many of the attendees drove to the event. I could have spent a hour outside taking pictures of some of the cars driven by their owners. We had seven club members present. Afterwards we drove to Joe's Barbecue and had an excellent meal (my lady and I had dinners, so wine and cheese tonight).

A few pictures from the event.

The musuem

Some cars

An inside car

The crowd and presenters

My Lady looking at some of the products

And yes, GummiPflege is on that table. Highly recommended by the presenters.

Some more cars

There were many more cars, but I didn't have time to check them all out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts