Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super Wifey and I took the boy to his first Air Force duty station at McConnell in Wichita. He had been home on the Recruiter Assistance Program. The ML was FULLY loaded....blue sky....billowing clouds.

Anyhow.....my ideas about Kansas were all wrong. What a beautiful state with endless green rolling hills....so sparsely populated. The highways were all incredibly smooth and well maintained. Posted speed limit was 75 but most of the traffic was cruising in the 85+ range. The Kansas Turnpike was superb, with virtually no billboards or commercial traffic. If they have state troopers in Kansas they were all at the donut shop.

Very, very nice people and Wichita is a beautiful modern city. Got to meet the Master Sergeant....what a gentleman and a true servant-leader. They have a prayer meeting each Saturday evening at a local restaurant.....well that's what they call it. All the crew shows up with wives and kids to welcome any new member. It was inspiring to see such a large number of diverse people truly interested in each others lives. They argued for the "privilege" of who got to take dinner back to the guys on duty. They were inclusive in every way! So, Thomas boy has an Air Force family good as the one back home. Still, mom cried.

....and don't forget to thank men and women in uniform for their service. Buy their meal and shake their hand! They are devoting the best part of their lives to defending us!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to Kansas Greg!

I live in the Southeast corner of Kansas, Pittsburg, Kansas to be specific.
I drive a 2013 SLK55 AMG that I picked up in Germany. (European delivery). Again welcome.

David Lomshek
Pittsburg, Kansas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts