Mercedes SLK World banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

Registered 2002 SLK320
I'd expect it to, or at least another Connector, which then goes somewhere ..................

Without having your VIN Number, looking up Mitchells and WIS Wiring Diagrams, and spending a bunch of time researching it I simply do not know what / where.

I am kinda busy right now, if you haven't got a definitive answer when things here slow down then I'll take a look for you, but hopefully someone else may be able to assist before then ;)

You have presumably paid this Mechanic for telling you all he gets is a number, ask him what that number is, I expect it will be something like, for example, N21/3 or M12/2 etc etc, if you can give me that number it will save a whole load of time, I can look that location / object up and see what it is and where it is on Starfinder .................

What you need if you can't DIY this is someone who knows all this ;)

HTH,

Registered 1998 SLK230
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks, trying to avoid the time and expense of reparing/replacing the ECU, especially considering that I鈥檓 not convinced it is the source of the problem.

Is it even possible that an ECU fault can cause a fuse on the K40 to continually blow?

Registered 2002 SLK320
The only thing I can offer you right now is this ..............

I do not change ECU's very often ................

Despite the fact that in the past year I had at least 10 Cars towed here from other Garages / Mechanics who had told the owner that "The ECU is dud mate" ..................

I fixed all of them, and not one of those Cars needed an ECU to fix it properly ;)

HTH,

Registered 2002 SLK320
Hi buddy,

In reply to PM,

It's not about money and paypal etc but thank you for the offer ..............

I will give Members here my advice freely, work wise I am currently booked up until the end of March now, and also in deep with my V8 R170 project and there is family visiting plus I have to do a very important trip to middle England in my Van ................

If you get me the "Numbers" that that Mechanic is talking about and tell me what Pin on your K40 that Wire is attached to, plus Wire Colour I will be able to look it up this week during a Coffee or Lunch break, rather than it taking me half a day to download, print and study a wiring diagram, and even then without that info I will not really know what I'm looking for ;)

HTH,

Registered 1998 SLK230
Discussion Starter #47
Fault was isolated to the K40鈥檚 connector E, pin 5, black wire with white tracer.
He said the wiring diagram showed that wire going to the numeral 鈥4鈥, and could not find any legend showing what is meant by that.

Registered 2002 SLK320
OK, I'll look that up for you in the next few days, can you either post here or pm your VIN Number please, it will make certain that I get the exact diagram ;)

Registered 1998 SLK230
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks!

鈥-But here鈥檚 something weird:

This morning, I disconnected the battery for awhile, replaced the fuse (actually, I was out of them, so I borrowed the fuse for the cigarette lighter), started the car, NO check engine light!
Ran some errands (more fuses, beer, etc.), and car seemed to run fast and fine, check engine light did not appear! Felt as though supercharger was working, though it does not run for a short time when first starting the car (as it should?).

Registered 2002 SLK320
OK, well I got the VIN, I will take a look when I get some spare time ;)

41 - 50 of 50 Posts