Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of increasingly worse power seat operation I decided I had had it. . As a test, here is how I bypassed the K24 relay which supplies 12v to the seat fuses to confirm the relay was the cause. I realize there are a bunch of other threads on this but I thought the added pictures will help someone in the future get through the process a lot easier. .

I added a strap wire from the '12v hot' side of fuse 40 [Hyd Pump] to the common side of fuse 21 / 22 which power each seat individually. Figuring out how to get a wire connected took a while, but I ended up bending a closed loop at each end of the strap, and it then fit snugly in the little 'side hole' adjacent to where the fuse spade goes. . Inserting the fuse will hold the wire a little more securely. . It will make more sense when you look at your fuse tray.
Both seats now work fine. . Now to pull the lower dash and replace the relay.. that's another day. . .

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
As an addition....the relay is really easy to fix. Remove it...pop off the cover and the likely hood of a failed solder joint being the problem will be apparant. Resolder the broken joint and pop it back in. That's what I did. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,085 Posts
As an addition....the relay is really easy to fix. Remove it...pop off the cover and the likely hood of a failed solder joint being the problem will be apparant. Resolder the broken joint and pop it back in. That's what I did. Hope this helps.
You beat me to it! Quite a lot of auto-relays are easy to fix - even if it's only a judicious use of a magneto file and some contact cleaner!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.