1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
heard he was doing 100mph, though his peeps said only 80! more money then sense....

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unfortunately he has had more than 15 minutes of fame

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
looks like he had it chromed. that's a hybrid but has 2 electric motors - torque is almost 1000 ft-lbs
:biglaugh:Too drab for me. Personally I'd prefer something flashier! Note to self, if you're speeding, be less conspicuous.

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,212 Posts
it's not so much the speed but the weaving in and out of traffic like the way they drive in the Fast and Furious movies... that's when people get all ticked off. People regularly drive at 80 around here during certain times of the day.

:biglaugh:Too drab for me. Personally I'd prefer something flashier! Note to self, if you're speeding, be less conspicuous.

·
Registered
299 Posts
looks like he had it chromed. that's a hybrid but has 2 electric motors - torque is almost 1000 ft-lbs
It is actually relatively slow for how it looks. I drove one a couple months ago and while I was impressed with the interior plushness even though it was cramped, the car itself is a porker. Slow off the line (0-60 in about 6.5 sec) and you feel the weight in the turns. Hell Beiber was getting close to its top speed of 125mph. All looks and no go. I hoping the smaller Nina (aka Atlantic) sheds some weight and they get the batteries flat on the bottom of the car like the Tesla instead of high along the center console.

As for Beiber's, blech!

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,438 Posts
Hate 2 say it a Nissan Leaf blew the Doors off my Betty,s C Class Kompressor... when the Light turned Green...... and yes i was driving....... i was so depressed i went straight 2 the Nudy Bar...... and honestly them perky Daisys could not Cheer me up...... Electric is the Way 2 go....... was my thought after i left the Nudy Bar...

·
1,212 Posts
... Fisker is going out of business... they announced their bankruptcy plans right after they let the Atlantic rumors fly.

·
Registered
299 Posts
... Fisker is going out of business... they announced their bankruptcy plans right after they let the Atlantic rumors fly.
No, and no.

Their government loan was put on hold which snowballed into delaying the Karma and stopped work on the plant that would be building the Atlantic. Since then they turned to private investors and have been raising money while using equity to continue developing the Atlantic. Whether they go out of business remains to be seen, but they never announced any plans for bankruptcy. There are a lot of heavy hitters behind Fisker and it won't fade out quietly. They raised $392m back in April and is looking to just raise another $87m by mid July according to the latest article in the WSJ.

Tesla had similar startup problems and it took 5+ years to sort out but they are now just starting to come out the other side better than ever. Even if I don't like the end product I think it is cool to have these new car companies spring up and I hope they all succede.

·
1,212 Posts
well I guess my information source has some outdated data info data. I hope Fisker continues with its business plan!

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,730 Posts
it's all fun and games until you break your toy and have to buy a new one - first thought is... I ran the batteries down... until you replace 'em with new ones and find out it's not the batteries!
i am trying hard not to think about how you broke it ;)

Warning this thread is about to go west fast :biglaugh:

·
1,212 Posts
what kind of toy were you thinking I was talking about? I'm talking about a RadioControlled (RC) car! sheesh! Ain't no hussies around here! Just us cool female SLK folks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.