Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2003 SLK 320 with 169K. I found that on sub freezing morning the clutch petal is harder to move and thought perhaps water has condensed in the cylinder/line. Once above freezing problem or after short usage, the problem goes away Searched the maintenance records and could find record of flushing brake lines but nothing directly related to the clutch cylinder being flushed.
Could anyone suggest what the problem might be and how to remedy this. Don't want to ignore it for may damage the cylinder.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,287 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,460 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jeff. Vet myself. What is clear bra paint protective film. The reason being that slk's are low to road and seem to attract dings from rocks, etc thrown by vehicles in front/passing. Understood that use of bra was hard on the paint finish (coming from a body shop). What is your experience on using a bra?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Avel Du on your post see water in headlight fixed on short term. What did you do in the short term I have bought the seals, but understand it is a good bit of work to replace them.

·
96,460 Posts
Thank you for your service
See my albums on clearbra
It is a protective film
Covers grill hood headlights mirrors
Fog lights bumper

·
96,460 Posts
Sorry. On smartphone

Also had it on my previous slk
Greatest thing since sliced bread
See my albums and search ventureshield for my previous pics

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your service as well. Could you tell me where you purchased the film and is it something easy for a more lay person to apply. I am about to have my hood repainted due to small dings from debris that the prior owner never touched up.

·
96,460 Posts
I had it installed when I bought my car 8 years ago
I had a few pieces replaced by a local tint guy
Check or Google clearbra for local dealers
I would not attempt it myself
Check YouTube for people that have

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Hi and welcome from the UK Midlands! :)

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,789 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
96,460 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Avel Du For the "Water in headlamp.lights on fixes short term. seal to be replaced."
1. What did you do for the short term fix. The seal replacement seems to be a rather time consuming task.
2. Think will have the plastic lens refinished at the same time and sealed with a clear coat paint.
Know anyone who has used clear coat on the plastic lensese

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome from Wirral, England.

I'm sure a 320 owner will chip in shortly but in the meantime try using search (top right).
It searches this site and there is a wealth of knowledge.

This link is for 230 but may apply to yours.
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r170-general-discussion/121345-2003-slk230-manual-stiff-clutch.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjxxZevsPfKAhXQGI4KHcdlAnsQFggEMAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEF9ZkvHreLlr4R11MPVOeFey2asA
Avel Du on your post see water in headlight fixed on short term. What did you do in the short term I have bought the seals, but understand it is a good bit of work to replace them.
Avel Du For the "Water in headlamp.lights on fixes short term. seal to be replaced."
1. What did you do for the short term fix. The seal replacement seems to be a rather time consuming task.
2. Think will have the plastic lens refinished at the same time and sealed with a clear coat paint.
Know anyone who has used clear coat on the plastic lensese
Hi Avel, this chap had been trying to get an answer from you but don't think he has quite got the hang of the "quote" function yet so giving him a hand.

The answer to the sticky clutch at -degree temperature is probably due to the increase in viscosity of the clutch fluid caused by the temperature drop.

Regards Stuart

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.