Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found what I feel is a great value on new tires. The Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S, from all my research is getting great reviews in ride, low road noise, traction, and handling in all seasons.
I compared the reviews on several tires, and this was an economical tire that holds its own against the big names such as Michelin.
Out the door at Sam's club was $468 for a complete set. I currently have Michelin's that came with the car, and I am not happy with the amount of road noise, and I know part of it is because of the age and cupping in the tire. (They are going on 8 years old, since the previous owner only drove the car a couple thousand miles a year)
I priced out new Michelins, and the price was out of my range, but still wanted a good tire for the car. I am hoping these are as good as the reviews, they are a relatively new series from Goodyear, replacing their previous sport A/S tire.
I will update this is couple weeks, after they come in and I get a chance to run them out a little.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got tires mounted today, and my initial impression is a huge difference from the Michelin's. I immediately noticed a quieter and smoother ride. I didn't get a chance to scuff the "new" off the tires because of the rainy weather, so just drove them about 30 miles to get some kind of feel.
I think Goodyear has come up with a tire that is very reasonable, and seems to give the handling performance I am hoping for. This will be determined next week since we will be getting weather in the 60's to 70's, so the roads will be good to push the car and tires.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I looked at those same tires on Tire Rack but went with the BRIDGESTONE Potenza. image.jpg

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
730 Posts
I put some new tyres on yesterday. It's hard finding direct comparisons of tyres. Our magazine Motor had a review of 7 or 8 performance tyres some time ago, but when I researched each one the ones they tested were so 'performance' they started at size 17". Not much good for me. We don't get the RE760 here. I settled for Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003. Total A$526 (US$403), and that's with their promotion of buy three get one free. Of course they drive much better than the RE001's they replaced but how much of that is due to them being new...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.